Need to apply RUU to Save My Phone. HELP!

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Never again will I try routing and flashing this phone.... Assuming I can revive it. Yesterday I tried using the All-in-One tool that I'm sure many of you have seen at XDA. After unlocking the boot loader I flashed the PAC Man ROM...... and got it into this infamous boot loop that I only now understand is quite common due to an incompatibility with that ROM's radio. I tried restoring, since I used the All-in- One tool to make a backup, and now I can't even get to the boot loop. It just shows the HTC logo and then the screen goes blank.

So after reading, some people said to download and flash the RUU for my handset, the U.S. CDMA for virgin mobile. There are two ways that I found to do that. One is using the all in one tool, but it requires the zip version, and I can't find it... just the .exe. The other, is of course to just use the exe version. But when I do that, nothing happens. A wizard starts for a second and then disappears.

Can someone help me save this phone?

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you are almost there.... Before flashing the ruu...did you fastboot a boot img

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
That would explain your boot loop. If you go to htcdev.com, there are links for sdk and your drivers. If you don't have those installed, install them per their instruction. Since our phones are s on, we have to flash the kernel separately. I prefer 7zip. Once you download your Rom on your pc you must open the archives with 7zip and drag the "boot.img"out and then in cmd prompt type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" without this boot.img, you will find endless boot loops, unless you are staying stock.

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
There is no way that phone will help you. Try rhythmic Rom ....it has the ota update. There is a guide in here for restoring the ruu. You will have to unroot and relock your bootloader when flashing ruu. It should be a last resort. Can you Get into bootloader to get your radio version

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I did what you said with fast boot, and my laptop said it succeeded but I don't see the boot.IMG on my phone... Now it just freezes at HTC screen

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
There is your problem. Your radio will cause boot loops with any custom kernel. You can stick with sense roms (i think). Rhythmic Rom is suppose to work with this radio. For most others you will need to run ruu and Not run ota updates. There is a good thread in here for running the ruu...is the one I had to use .

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for the help. I now found the correct ruu file, and it appears to be successfully transferring from my laptop to my phone. We will see in about six or seven minutes.

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't be discouraged from rooting now! Running the ruu wad harder than flashing roms...and now that your radio it's a downgraded, you won't have to worry so much. I'd you need any guidance just post it or pm me

Mark Truby

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks for the help. I now found the correct ruu file, and it appears to be successfully transferring from my laptop to my phone. We will see in about six or seven minutes.

Hi - I'm having very similar issues, I attempted to unlock, root, and flash a new ROM to my HTC One V and it failed entering into a boot-loop.
I've since flashed the recovery.img using "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and locked it again using "fastboot oem lock".
However I am having a great deal of trouble identifying the correct RUU - are you able to advise how you achieved this?

Thanks in advance

The details for my phone are:
Code:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.18.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 3831.24.00.23_M
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) serialno: SH26FTV07303
(bootloader) imei: 351816059867436
(bootloader) product: primou
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7230
(bootloader) modelid: PK7610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3900mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 8591a55c
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 12
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Toaha Imran

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I made a backup of the rom and boot files with rom manager. I have the rom manager boot application installed. So if you have it I can send you my primoC original Virgin Mobile files.
When I had any problem with custom roms I just go back to this stock rom and it sends me back to when the phone was like new!

Mark Truby

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I made a backup of the rom and boot files with rom manager. I have the rom manager boot application installed. So if you have it I can send you my primoC original Virgin Mobile files.
When I had any problem with custom roms I just go back to this stock rom and it sends me back to when the phone was like new!

If you could send them I would appreciate it.... I'mreally struggling to get my phone to work with any ROM and stupidly did not take a backup before starting.

Cheers

Jerry Reji

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Code:

could someone please give me the link for ruu (htc one v primou)....i cant find it anywhere else.!
thnx in advnce! :)

Mark Truby

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Code:

could someone please give me the link for ruu (htc one v primou)....i cant find it anywhere else.!
thnx in advnce! :)

this is the same one i'm looking for - can't find it anywhere!!!

uriel707

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm having the exact same problem you were having & I'm having trouble finding the correct RUU for the One V. Is there any way you candirect me to the link where you found the ccorrect RUU for the opa update? I'm trying to downgrade radios to be able to flash roms & all that :)