Don't know how to use Superuser to give root rights to an app

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiggy_trippit

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm a rooting newbie, and I rooted my phone last night. I'm trying to give root rights to Titanium Backup, but I can't figure how to do so using Superuser from ChainsDD. When I launched Superuser, I'm pretty sure the prompt said to hold down the app icon to access the root rights menu, but like an ***** I told the app to never show that hint again. :p I've tried different things and I've looked all over the Internet, but I can't find out how to make this work. It sounds like I should get an automatic prompt asking to grant root rights from what most people are saying, but this isn't happening.

So how do I do this? How do I use Superuser to give root rights to an app on my HTC One V?

Thanks!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm a rooting newbie, and I rooted my phone last night. I'm trying to give root rights to Titanium Backup, but I can't figure how to do so using Superuser from ChainsDD. When I launched Superuser, I'm pretty sure the prompt said to hold down the app icon to access the root rights menu, but like an ***** I told the app to never show that hint again. :p I've tried different things and I've looked all over the Internet, but I can't find out how to make this work. It sounds like I should get an automatic prompt asking to grant root rights from what most people are saying, but this isn't happening.

So how do I do this? How do I use Superuser to give root rights to an app on my HTC One V?

Thanks!

Open Titanium Backup and it should request root access which should cause superuser to popup and ask if you want to allow or deny the request.

If you don't get a prompt then you either have a setting issue in superuser or a chance your root didn't take.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Asads

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Open Titanium Backup and it should request root access which should cause superuser to popup and ask if you want to allow or deny the request.

If you don't get a prompt then you either have a setting issue in superuser or a chance your root didn't take.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

hi.. I rooted my phone samsung galaxy y s5360 last night and the superuser app also has been installed but its not working as I having same int.storage problems...

SurinderSA

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
i successfully rooted my device, but whenever i tried to use link2Sd it is asking for grant or allow access for app, but in superuser app it option will not come.. i did'nt find any option to change access settings to grant or allow... pls help me... Surinder Sarabha

Status
Not open for further replies.