Help rooting one x

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Which method are you using? I thought the one click method was still good. if so, you may want to try that.

They the method here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1709424 it is the easiest one.

thats what im doing.. so all i need to do is.. download the link then hook the phone up to the computer and select charge only and put debuggin on and then go to check for software updates? and itll be good?

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
thats what im doing.. so all i need to do is.. download the link then hook the phone up to the computer and select charge only and put debuggin on and then go to check for software updates? and itll be good?

OK. Make sure you have the USB drivers for your phone if you don't have them. XDA developers will have a link to it. As you said download the link, un zip the file, then connect your phone and set up as charge only then debugging on. Run the Root batch file. Once the script is running it will ask you to check for updates. Once it does that the script will keep on running and your phone will reboot at least twice. IF it fails during the check for updates then disconnect your phone, move the date forward by a couple of days and re-start the phone after that start the process from the beginning. One big note: one the rooting is done go to your app drawer and look for the super user app. You will notice it right away. Open the app and it will ask you to update the binary file. Click OK. Make sure you do that before you do anything else that requires root access. Profit!

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
OK. Make sure you have the USB drivers for your phone if you don't have them. XDA developers will have a link to it. As you said download the link, un zip the file, then connect your phone and set up as charge only then debugging on. Run the Root batch file. Once the script is running it will ask you to check for updates. Once it does that the script will keep on running and your phone will reboot at least twice. IF it fails during the check for updates then disconnect your phone, move the date forward by a couple of days and re-start the phone after that start the process from the beginning. One big note: one the rooting is done go to your app drawer and look for the super user app. You will notice it right away. Open the app and it will ask you to update the binary file. Click OK. Make sure you do that before you do anything else that requires root access. Profit!

i may have messed up.. when i go into supersu it says"there is no su binary installed, and supersu cannot install it. this is a problem!" what do i do? o.o

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
You may want to ask in XDA developers what went wrong but I would un-install and the re-install supersu. You can find the app in the play store. don't do this as you may lose root access. let me do some more research.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
im doing that butim stuck on the whole unlock_code.bin part. when i put it into the spoof-cid it just seems like its starting the process all over.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's normal. Now you need to flash a recovery tool if you want to flash ROMs and MODs. Moving forward you can use Titanium Backup to back up all your data as you move from ROM to ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC