TWRP Flashing Problem

cptaszek

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
When ever I try to flash TWRP onto my AT&T One X the progress bar on the phone gets stuck in a random position. I've tried to flash it multiple times but have had no luck. Is there any solution to fix this?

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Android App Install Method:
Download the GooManager app from either location:
http://goo.im/devs/s0updev/gooinsideme
Install the app and open it. Tap menu then hit Install OpenRecoveryScript. Tap Yes. Verify that the filename displays your device's code name and hit Yes. The file will download and your device will reboot and install the recovery automatically.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

cptaszek

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Android App Install Method:
Download the GooManager app from either location:
http://goo.im/devs/s0updev/gooinsideme
Install the app and open it. Tap menu then hit Install OpenRecoveryScript. Tap Yes. Verify that the filename displays your device's code name and hit Yes. The file will download and your device will reboot and install the recovery automatically.

Tried this before multiple times, this method doesn't work either. The same second the TWRP image is done downloading it says that the recovery has been installed (it wasn't) without ever rebooting. I don't have a su binary flashed to my phone, or a superuser app installed. The bootloader is unlocked though which is why I'm wondering why TWRP isn't flashing.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you do not have Root, pretty sure Goomanager cannot do its thing. You will need to get recovery on there using fastboot, and once you have that, you can flash a rooted ROM of your choice.

[RECOVERY][ONE-X/EVITA]TWRP 2.3.1.0 with on-screen keyboard! [2012-10-15] - xda-developers

There is some talk in there about using fastboot to push the img file. If your phone got the 2.2 OTA update, using fastboot is something you will need to get used to, though not for the Recovery... once you get root.