searching for stock android style, nonsensical rom

Lucas Johnson

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up an htc one x from AT&T. It's awesome, but I hate sense. Been a nexus fan for too long I guess. I'm looking for a light Rom that doesn't have many bugs. All the important things should work. It doesn't need any extra features, as long as it is ics or newer. Most importantly NO Sense Roms! As someone who helps everyone else get custom roms on their phone, I thought it would be easier to find such a Rom, but alas, I have failed. Any suggestions?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
CM10, and all the derivatives, are located here-

One X Original Android Development - xda-developers

The only options really, are Sense and CM codebased ROMs. There are still some issues, for some people, on CM. For example, there is currently a lot of kernel work being done to try and enable Vsync (larger part of Butter). This kernel work has caused anomalies (not for everyone, but for me!) in things like wifi for some routers, unwanted sound in camcorder app, A2DP issues (this is me), and a couple others.

Give CM a try first is my advice, as it will give you a good... sense, of what any of the ROMs based off the same code can offer. They are also trying to jam 4.2 GAPPS and 4.2 android upgrade in there, so right now has more bugs than it did a month ago. They are mostly minor though, so give them a try.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Nocturnal'd Dirty Rom with 4.2 Elements (stock google/senseless)... This rom has been awesome, I haven't had any issues myself, and I'm using the Rohan b6 kernel.... Crazy smooth

Lucas Johnson

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried cm10 (the stable build) by clearing cache, data, and dalvik and flashing using twrp. The phone would not go past the cm boot animation. It held there for about 15 mins before i gave up. Any suggestions.

Btw, thank you all for the quick replies. Great forum here.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried cm10 (the stable build) by clearing cache, data, and dalvik and flashing using twrp. The phone would not go past the cm boot animation. It held there for about 15 mins before i gave up. Any suggestions.

Btw, thank you all for the quick replies. Great forum here.

You have to use ADB and fastboot flash boot.img, then flash with TWRP....
Ex.--->> xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][8/14]- CleanROM 4.5 DE Final -★| Android 4.0.4 | Sense / AOSP | Amazing!|★-

I assume you are on 2.20, follow these instructions (even though it says clean rom, this is the correct method)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure with the newer toolkit, you can downgrade your HBOOT so that flashing the boot.img separately is no longer required. Seems like a win for those stuck having to do this second step.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been flashing via Flash GUI, then flashing in TWRP.... No need to downgrade hboot, or hooking up to pc to flash boot.img

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm using AOKP, and loving it. No 4.2 features, sadly, but everything works really smoothly.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using AOKP, and loving it. No 4.2 features, sadly, but everything works really smoothly.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

You should try the newest build of Nocturnal'd Diry Rom... And flash the gapps on their post, has 4.2 elements-- camera/photosphere

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of, XsMagical(the dev) fixed the GPS data drop issue, and its getting even better battery than previous versions. Nice thing is, the guy updates frequently.