Permanent brick? HELP!!!

Lucas Johnson

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I rooted and unlocked my htc one x and installed twrp. Everything worked fine at that point. I tried several roms, always clearing data, cache, dalvik cache before flashing. Most would not get past the rom's boot animation. Aokp worked, except for wifi, so i tried something else. I must have pushed a wrong button somewhere and deleted something i shouldn't have. I honestly have no idea what i did, but now twrp gives the error messages (1) unable to mount '/sdcard' and (2) unable to mount storage. I cannot flash any roms or even place a rom on the sdcard as it is internal and cannot be mounted as usb storage. I still have access to the bootloader and fastboot as well as twrp which is equiped with a basic terminal and file manager. What are my options? Is the phone totally worthless now? PLEASE HELP!!!

Btw, another error pops up sometimes: unable to recreate android secure folder.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me... Stay calm, you can fix this...
Plug into your PC... It'll tell you "mass storage device not formatted"... Just format it (I downloaded SDFormatter to do this), and drag a rom onto it after it is done, then go through the flash method I posted on your other thread..

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Can we not use cwm?? And no if you can acess the boot loader then your not totally bricked.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree TWRP is great. I tried to install CWM first and couldn't even get it to work, so I flashed twrp instead.

OP: Did you get this fixed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol