Thinking About Rooting...

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya.. I got great battery life out of 2.4, and somehow got about the same on 3.0 (with no tweaks! But I used the new power saver option in sense).

I use titanium backup every time... Just make sure you don't back up "system settings" seeing as each rom will most likely have different things going on in /system; I just back up "apps w/ data".

Everything on your sd card will be safe when flashing new roms/factory resetting/installing. Now I would still advise copying most of your folders/files onto the PC just in case you corrupt your sd card and lose everything (you can always format it if this happens and start over)
I only mention this because I did this one time and freaked out haha

^^that happened because I kept rebooting the phone while it was trying to boot up into a rom (got impatient and kept reinstalling, and interrupting the boot up)

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I use titanium backup every time... Just make sure you don't back up "system settings" seeing as each rom will most likely have different things going on in /system; I just back up "apps w/ data".

is it just batch backup then backup all user apps? if so will that capture all the settings and such from those apps?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Right when you open titanium back up, hit the clipboard icon on the top right of the screen, then look for "back up all user apps"

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing within the next few weeks. I've been running JellyBam for a couple weeks now, this rom is BA! Best hybrid rom yet.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks; how do you like it? i am thinking of loading it up soon; did you have to flash the super user fix and wifi fix as well?

Nope, just flashed the rom by itself and everything seems to be good. If you end up having any issues, just wipe and reinstall. I went back to JellyBam cause I'm loving the tablet and phablet UI too much haha (although I am running a sense theme on it). Ill be back on viper as soon as they implement scrolling wallpaper (htc took this out for some stupid reason) and the increased grid size for home screen. Battery life on viper 3.1 is flat out crazy good (as usual for viper) and there are tons of tweaks. If you end up flashing it, you'll be playing with your phone for a few hours, it's great!

In fact, I think I may flash back and toy around with it again haha

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
This is jellybam by the way
y2ysydyd.jpg

3atu3yma.jpg

Sent from my JellyBammed One X using Tapatalk 2

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Do a backup first. You can easily restore to exactly the way you have it now if things do no work out, or if you just want to run both for the time being. No danger, beyond the 10 minutes it would take to do the restore.

I bet most of those reboot issues are from restored data, or some other no-no. I removed every app I wanted to use from Aroma... I think some those get installed as /system apps, which in turn causes problems when using TitBU to "Back all user apps with data" later. I removed most HTC stuff, except what I use (flashlight and calendar I think), ticked the complete removal of Sense and chose Nova for launcher. Viper has quite a lot you CAN do before you even flash the ROM, but you do not have to. If it seems overwhelming, just flash and try it out. You can always redo.

After a backup of course. Always keep one or two good backups around, or good points on whatever ROM you like, so you can recover quickly if you make a mistake.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Make sure if you are still stock, do the back up, but also look for the stock rom/boot.img for when you need to fastboot it/flash GUI flash it

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you end up flashing JellyBam at any point (like most cm/AOKP roms with hboot 1.14) once you flash it it will take a long time to boot.. After 5 minutes I usually just hold power down until the screen turns off and then it boots fine within a few minutes