Bricked phone - have access to bootloader and recovery, but no root and a corrupted OS

jazzgeek444

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My buddy has been using my old One X for a few months now, and decided the CM 10 that I had on it wasn't enough. In going to flash a new ROM, he used a method that required S-OFF (it was still S-ON since I had rooted it on release and used it for less than a year before getting a Nexus 4). Long story short, he ****ed up the OS, went to get S-OFF, in doing that he flashed an RUU that unrooted it, and he can't mount the phone from TWRP to sideload anything.

Help?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, let's be kind and not use foul language my good friend :)

Well, it's okay to flash a ROM with S-ON. You just need to flash the boot image of the ROM. It's very easy to get out of. As for the flashing of the RUU, it probably bricked because you need S-OFF for the RUU while he had S-ON. In the computer, do you have the HTC drivers installed? Are you using Windows 7 or 8? Are you connecting via USB 2.0 or 3.0? What cable are you using?

-Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T HTC One X running CodefireX 4.4.2