Hi guys

I'm having some trouble with my HOX. I`m currently running a rooted droid running android revolution 33.1. I have CWM 6.0.3.2 as my current recovery and am trying to update to 6.0.4.8 so I can put slimkat 9.0 on my HOX. As I understand it the slimkat rom requires SELinux support for the rom to run and the latest version of CWM has this.

I have tried flashing the update using flashify and rom manager. Both say they have flashed correctly, however when i boot into recovery my version is still the current one im running. I have also tried using fastboot to flash the new recovery and it keeps coming up with "unknown error" in windows CMD. I have also tried apply update.zip from the recovery and i keep getting the error message "E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip no such file or directory". And the zip file i made is just called "recovery" and NOT "recovery.zip". I know this has caused trouble for other people, so this was the first thing I checked.

So I have a few questions. These are: Why fastboot won't flash the new recovery/why I get the error message "E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip no such file or directory"/ would i have to revert to stock rom and recovery and relock so I could re root the HOX and install the latest recovery.

Any and all help is welcome and greatly appreciated.
    02-15-2015 05:33 PM