No MicroSD?

Sajan Parikh

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to give Android another shot and was going through upcoming powerhouse phones for ATT and found the HTC One X which I fell in love with.

However...is it true that there is no MicroSD slot? If so, that's a huge deal breaker for me.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
There isn't. However, for most it won't be a big deal. (especially with Play Music, or whatever its called now) HTC also has a tie-in with Dropbox, and you can get storage with Box as well.

Sajan Parikh

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
There isn't. However, for most it won't be a big deal. (especially with Play Music, or whatever its called now) HTC also has a tie-in with Dropbox, and you can get storage with Box as well.

What about app storage? I've only used Android for about 4 weeks when I tried out the Atrix last year, been using BlackBerry for 4 years.

Is the onboard 16GB enough to store a healthy amount of applications + 2GB worth of podcasts?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
What about app storage? I've only used Android for about 4 weeks when I tried out the Atrix last year, been using BlackBerry for 4 years.

Is the onboard 16GB enough to store a healthy amount of applications + 2GB worth of podcasts?

More than enough. I have about 50-60 apps installed (no games) and I've only used a little over a gig.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
this is what I have left after 72 apps (prob 25 games, need for speed and such), about 250 songs, 50 pics, and 1 short video( about a minute).
a6f820e3-5241-9415.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Basically you have to find out what works for you. If the available memory works for you your good, if not than get a phone that will. That's the beauty of android. I used to not buy a device without expandable memory until I had my tbolt. It came with a 32gb microsdcard. I used about 14gb total between music, video and apps. So I know 32gb internal is way more than il need in the next 2 years.

Sajan Parikh

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I actually just use Rdio for music. Don't do that much video...so...I guess I'll be perfectly fine. Thanks for the replies, this is what I'm getting then. As soon as it releases.

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
SMH at no MicroSD card. I'm not an engineer, but it's such a simple thing and has always been an advantage over apple.

I stream a lot of stuff, but I also travel. I can't exactly stream movies, music, etc while at 30,000 feet.

#endrant

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
SMH at no MicroSD card. I'm not an engineer, but it's such a simple thing and has always been an advantage over apple.

I stream a lot of stuff, but I also travel. I can't exactly stream movies, music, etc while at 30,000 feet.

#endrant

It's not simple when the phone is a single piece of polycarbonate. You're talking about something that the entire phone would have to be engineered around to make sure that it we on an outside edge and accessible. Easy for the sim. But a sim and a microsd? Not so much.