I've got an HTC One X, you have questions ... FIRE AWAY!

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi Phil, I'm new here, usually just on xda - but I've now registered on here - love the site & podcast, been a long time viewer/listener, you guys are great at giving me my much needed android fix.

My question is,

Where can I get the blue bikini-stripe case (C703) for my HOX that you guys reviewed?

I'm in the UK, & after contacting a few suppliers such as clove & handtec, they have told me they will not be supplying this case (C703) - but will be supplying the C704 hole case instead, but I want the stripe case which you guys reviewed.

Any ideas?

Keep up the good work Phil.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Home screen does not rotate, I checked my settings and I am set to auto rotate.
Only when going into settings or an application.
Could be different on the sprint version.
I recall demos from MWC (Barcelona) showing the home screen turning to landscape automagically. Perhaps that was with the wireless MHL-HDMI adapter?
Yes, I believe it has to do with Sense... it tends to load for a while sometimes after exiting an app. I'm currently using ADW Launcher and it doesn't seem to have this particular problem.
I have this problem with 3.0 ... Something about Netflix always causes a restart of Sense. :(
... But it's a big phone. :p
You may be able to pocket this for quick trips, but ... which pocket? These big honker phones are getting hard to pocket without looking like a perv. Pleasepleaseplease don't make us return to the days of geek-Batman lookalikes with our overloaded utility belts, phone manufacturers....
I know Phones get warm after usage but not to the point that will burn my ear!!!. GSM version.
It's not a solution, but use an earbud. JLab J3MS or Samsung OEM earbuds are cheap and functional. A reasonably priced BT earbud won't break your wallet. I hate getting my screen oily from talking 20th century style. Silly, I know....
Talk of camera lens scratching has me scared. Any one yours yet? Have you any thoughts on how to avoid (w/o pouch)?
Some kind of case that levels the back so the lens is a little recessed (like on my Amaze)? Oops ... there goes the slim, sleek appeal of the svelte phone. :-\

Reactions: komeilkarimi

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi Phil,

Talk of camera lens scratching has me scared. Any one yours yet? Have you any thoughts on how to avoid (w/o pouch)?

Thanks

I ordered the 'Martin Fields Overlay plus screen protector'. It has a protector for the camera lens. I got it off of Amazon. I don't have the phone yet, but I do have the overlay here in front of me and it does have the camera lens protector.

Reactions: komeilkarimi

Topher0923

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey new to android looking to get the one x, question relates to all htc phones not just the one x. When htc makes it possible to unlock the bootloader, how difficult is it root and flash custom roms? And will it be hard for a noob like me? Also is it harder then say a galaxy nexus to root and flash roms? Thanks for your time.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the 'Martin Fields Overlay plus screen protector'. It has a protector for the camera lens. I got it off of Amazon. I don't have the phone yet, but I do have the overlay here in front of me and it does have the camera lens protector.

Also thinking about picking up this screen protector. Is it nice and clear or will you be able to tell its on the screen? I love power support screen protectors and SGP. Its like nothing is on your phone. Some screen protectors are very visible once installed.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Also thinking about picking up this screen protector. Is it nice and clear or will you be able to tell its on the screen? I love power support screen protectors and SGP. Its like nothing is on your phone. Some screen protectors are very visible once installed.

Advice on this? Get a clear screen protector. Never get an Anti-glare one because it hurts your beautiful 720p resolution.

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zagg shield on the front, but I don't have a case yet because the all black otterbox commuter is not available yet.

I am mainly interested in it to protect the camera from getting scratched, but now have second thoughts and thinking about rocking the X all natural.

Is the camera easily scratched? I tend to keep my phones in my pocket by themselves and lay my phone flat, so kind of worried that I need to get the case in order to protect the lens.

Anybody have no case? How is the lens holding up?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've used mine without a case from Sunday to Thursday, and it hasn't got any scratches or anything. Albeit, I was rather careful about dropping it on my desk, etc...

I just got the Otterbox Commuter yesterday, and it fits like a charm, versus the Speck white one, which was a pain trying to press the power button...

I have a Zagg shield on the front, but I don't have a case yet because the all black otterbox commuter is not available yet.

I am mainly interested in it to protect the camera from getting scratched, but now have second thoughts and thinking about rocking the X all natural.

Is the camera easily scratched? I tend to keep my phones in my pocket by themselves and lay my phone flat, so kind of worried that I need to get the case in order to protect the lens.

Anybody have no case? How is the lens holding up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sailindawg

Wickedone82

May 10, 2012
Visit site
i didnt see this asked by anyone but if it was im sorry. how do you feel about the speaker ( ringer volume and notification volume ) ? it seems pretty quite comepared to my old iphone 4 . i would think that newer phones would come with louder speaker capabilities and with this phone having beats audio technology that when playing music on the device through the speaker that it would be very loud.

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
How do you see all Google Music songs that are available offline? I'd like to delete some from that list and I can't figure out a nice way to see them. When I am on 'All songs' and I click 'Make available offline' all it shows is a check mark which means nothing to me and seems to do nothing when you click it.

I also click 'Offline music only', but then I don't know how to remove songs from there. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie