One X official battery thread.

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Let the battery get settled ^^^^.

My battery is the best thing about the phone.
I'm getting 24 hours no problems with battery to spare.

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

How did you condition your battery? Did you let the initial charge run down and then charge from like 0% or something?

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I let the initial charge get to 2% and and then gave it a good 12 hour charge.
It has just gets better with each charge and now its using only 3% of the battery for the 8 hours I slept. It was using 10% a week ago.
I can tell for sure that the quad core was introduced with battery performance in mind. It eclipses any other android phone I've used, even more frugal than the iPhone 4.

RocknTroll

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I agree. Easy 24 hours on a single charge, provided I'm not gaming or downloading apps back-to-back. Been using it for five days now and so far so good.

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Easy 24 hours on a single charge, provided I'm not gaming or downloading apps back-to-back. Been using it for five days now and so far so good.

It's literally changed my life. I know sounds corny but I'm dead serious.
When running the rooted gs2 with ics, it wouldn't last 12 hours on the same usage that I'm using today.
My battery was dead 4 night's of the week out of 7 when I got home. Now I'm 24 hours plus with 20-30% remaining when I get home.
Normally I'm not this easily impressed because I change my phones like underwear. Never keeping a phone longer than 3 months and not a fanboi of any os or brand.
Quad core seems to sip the juice rather than gulp it.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
^At least that particular quad core anyway..

That 5th core on the Tegra 3 seems to be doing as advertized. Will be interesting to see it compared to other quad cores. I see I will be holding on to my current phone till more quad cores come out for comparisons. I do have a PS Vita that hasnt been charged in probably 3 days and it still has what looks like 80% or 70% battery life left. I havent used it in those 3 days but it seems to have amazing stand by time.

Looking at your use....if I had the One X...it could probably last me 2 days...lol. I keep my phone on Airplane mode most of the day at work, phones not allowed in the office and they go in a lil locker that drains the battery real fast.

Last edited:

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That is very good news to hear about the quad core's battery life. Without question I'm waiting for quad core w/ LTE capability to upgrade. Fact of the matter is very limited battery life is by far the biggest problem with almost every smartphone available today and it's not just the inconvenience of having to plug in for those of us in the field, it's the lack of ability to plug in. When you need your phone for business purposes you need it, it's not just a minor inconvenience of not being able to play games, surf the web or listen to music. A dead phone at the very least costs you time which of course is money not to mention the very real possibility of lost business.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I see zero Reddit usage in these screenshots. Can someone do a daily run with average Reddit is Fun / Diode usage so I can get a real-world estimate, please?

;)

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Quite expected for a high end Android offering...but people are going to lament the non-removable battery for sure. I could be wrong.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
While the non-removable battery certainly is not a good thing in my experience in 2-3 years of usage you don't have to replace your battery anyway and I think 2-3 years covers the amount of time most of us keep a smartphone before upgrading especially with the rapid advance of smartphone technology. Of more importance to me is how do you reboot the phone on those occasions where it freezes and battery removal is the only way to reboot?

I'm also sure there will be other choices in the near future that have removable batteries. 6 months from now I think we will have a number of quad core 4G/LTE compatible choices.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
While the non-removable battery certainly is not a good thing in my experience in 2-3 years of usage you don't have to replace your battery anyway and I think 2-3 years covers the amount of time most of us keep a smartphone before upgrading especially with the rapid advance of smartphone technology. Of more importance to me is how do you reboot the phone on those occasions where it freezes and battery removal is the only way to reboot?

I'm also sure there will be other choices in the near future that have removable batteries. 6 months from now I think we will have a number of quad core 4G/LTE compatible choices.

I'm sure there is an immediate reboot button sequence you can depress to get out of freezes, for the One X, yes>?

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there is an immediate reboot button sequence you can depress to get out of freezes, for the One X, yes>?

Yes it is...like it was mentioned earlier...its that way for tablets too.

I had to use it once or twice so far for my RAZR. Had my RAZR since 11-11. Power and Volume down for 10 -20 sec? Think of it like this....and I'm sure there are a few computer users on here...lol.

If my desktop freezes...I hold down the power button and it reboots. I can also unplug my PC...but holding down the power button always...always does the trick.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So really a non issue for non-removable battery phones then, I would imagine there being years of uproar for IPhone users if there weren't any such feature from the start...

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone has had decent battery life for a long time. With Android phones....you better do your research first.

Even then...Android did stuff out the box that the iPhone couldnt that effects battery life. Widgets being the main thing. If you load up just one widgets and change some settings in that widget...could mean the difference in your phone dying in 12 hours or 6 hours.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone has had decent battery life for a long time. With Android phones....you better do your research first.

Even then...Android did stuff out the box that the iPhone couldnt that effects battery life. Widgets being the main thing. If you load up just one widgets and change some settings in that widget...could mean the difference in your phone dying in 12 hours or 6 hours.

With that said, It would suck to go up to 15 plus hours on a HTC one X and then realizing shucks I am nowhere near a charging point... Widgets or no widgets.

Chargers' a must I think, at least if you aiming for a one day's use....

sddfdds

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That is very good news to hear about the quad core's battery life. Without question I'm waiting for quad core w/ LTE capability to upgrade. Fact of the matter is very limited battery life is by far the biggest problem with almost every smartphone available today and it's not just the inconvenience of having to plug in for those of us in the field, it's the lack of ability to plug in. When you need your phone for business purposes you need it, it's not just a minor inconvenience of not being able to play games, surf the web or listen to music. A dead phone at the very least costs you time which of course is money not to mention the very real possibility of lost business.

If this is true and you're not just spouting off to try and make a point about not liking the non-removable battery, then you would/should be carrying an external battery pack anyways, even if you had a razr maxx.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That is a valid point about carrying an external battery however if your phone drains its battery in the 4-5 hour range (which my Captivate easily does, often less than 4 hours depending on usage) you'd need to carry two extra batteries to get through the day. I certainly don't see where a non-removable battery has any advantage which makes me wonder why HTC designed the phone that way. Is there any other Android phone with a non removable battery? Again, it's a non issue as there will be other phones comparable to the One X available with removable batteries.

I think phone manufacturers are well aware that users want phones with longer battery life and I believe that is a major reason for the upcoming quad core phones rather than the multi threading capabilities. Every article I've read about quad core mentions increased battery life. As someone else mentioned on this thread at this point there are very few apps available that can even take advantage of multi core chips however greatly improved battery life is a strong selling point for most everyone, a solid reason for purchasing a quad core phone.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Number of times in three weeks that I've had to do some sort of emergency reboot that folks are so worried about:

Zero.

(And one of those weeks was on early, buggy software.)

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Those screen shots are looking good Phil.
If they could now come up with a more efficient screen, this phone could last a week.

Do you put the battery life down to the sleep mode efficiency or something else?
Sometimes I put my phone down and when i pick it up 2 hours later, I haven't lost a single %.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis