info from AT&T rep

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I was in store checking out the Lumia 900 and asked the rep about when the HTC One X would be out. He told me that it's supposed to be the first phone on AT&T running Ice Cream Sandwich and that the Galaxy S II and Skyrocket updates are scheduled for the first week of May, so he said he thought the last week of April or the first week of May.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was in store checking out the Lumia 900 and asked the rep about when the HTC One X would be out. He told me that it's supposed to be the first phone on AT&T running Ice Cream Sandwich and that the Galaxy S II and Skyrocket updates are scheduled for the first week of May, so he said he thought the last week of April or the first week of May.

The vivid has ICS.....

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, sales reps are generally full of BS and don't know any more than you do about when stuff is coming out. They get told a week or so before the announcement about a phone coming out, if not the same day as the announcement.

Last edited:

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I would agree.. and from my experience, most of the corp store reps are clueless about many things even the LTE coverage in an area that has it! LOL.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I was in to AT&T to get a sim for my HTC One X (international version) today. They never even knew the One X(L) was coming. Totally clueless.

But I got the sim and fired up the phone and they were pretty much blown away.

geneticfusion

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
False. The vivid has ICS, for one.

For two, I just started working at AT&T this past Monday. Working at a contracted source beforehand, I know the systems pretty well going into training. I searched through inventory, new releases, upcoming in the equipment catalog, every inch of AT&T Insider, everything. There is absolutely nothing about the One X except specs. Every information system we have is promoting the Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II like no tomorrow though.

I work in Customer Care. -shrugs-

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Same experience for me, went asking a rep of T-Mobile for One S and he had no clue what I was talking about, I had to tell him it was a phone that would be coming out soon and he still had no idea and couldn't provide me with any information I didn't already know.

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
watch, its going to be like the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD, Sony Xperia ION and every other announced but never released phone...

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
ATT will be releasing this phone as soon as all the hype for the Nokia dies down. ATT and Nokia are making a big push for the Lumina, because ATT wants windows to make it big, they make a lot more money on Android and Windows phones.

Clcross18x

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol I always get slightly offended when people suggest we reps don't know anything. Not all of us are just trying to sell you something you know. Although that is....you know....my job....

For what it's worth, I just got back to work from my off day and the training for selling the One X is up and our store manager wants us to do it. No release date but I wouldn't put it past them to just release it at the end of the month or the beginning of May. I would assume they want the Lumia 900/ Windows Phone 7 push to drop off a bit.

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol I always get slightly offended when people suggest we reps don't know anything. Not all of us are just trying to sell you something you know. Although that is....you know....my job....

Generally they don't, though. And it's not just phone sales reps, it's everywhere. Every time I have gone to buy a new car, I have known more about the options and features of what I was looking at than the person trying to sell it to me. I am a musician and audio engineer by profession, when I buy new recording equipment or a new instrument, etc. the same thing happens as well.

There will always be people that get all geeky with stuff and want to know everything about things on their own. There will always be people that learn the minimum or, more bluntly, try to BS their way through it. It's just unfortunate that the latter prevails over the former far too often. If you are the former than you are the exception my friend, and good on ya for it, there needs to be more like you out there selling people stuff the proper way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox