Un Sung features

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hardly any of the reviews of the HTC One X mention the FM Receiver built in, or the HDR mode that the camera sports.

The FM radio uses almost zero power, and no data. Better than internet streaming.

The HDR camera is not as good as the HDR Camera+ app in the app store, as far as its ability to really get stunning pictures, and it won't handle quite as wide a dynamic range as the HDR Camera+, but it does work when you are faced with a strong backlit scene, or you want to bring out detail hiding in the shadows.

(Note: HDR Camera+ from the market gives my One X conniptions, and I reported this to the developer. Video image tares, and the camera flickers and flashes and just shuts down to black, and the only way to get it back is to reboot the phone. So don't go there yet.)

Since I have the international version, the 5th processor really gets my attention. That processor takes over virtually all functions when the phone is asleep, and it just barely sips power. I put the phone down with 5% battery, and came back an hour later and still had 5%.

I'm still in my heavy use period, customizing the phone so I have no real good idea about runtime yet.

Reactions: jroc and Wiley_11

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I also think the addition by HTC of the Note Application and Tasks Application are great. These are features I consider essential which for some reason are missing from Vanilla Android. Well done HTC

Reactions: Wiley_11

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The HDR camera is not as good as the HDR Camera+ app in the app store, as far as its ability to really get stunning pictures, and it won't handle quite as wide a dynamic range as the HDR Camera+, but it does work when you are faced with a strong backlit scene, or you want to bring out detail hiding in the shadows.

(Note: HDR Camera+ from the market gives my One X conniptions, and I reported this to the developer. Video image tares, and the camera flickers and flashes and just shuts down to black, and the only way to get it back is to reboot the phone. So don't go there yet.)

Agreed. It's not as good. That was a little disappointing.

And +1 on the HDR Camera+ wonkiness.

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
One thing I discovered that I've never found on another phone is the show touch feature.
Actually makes it easier to type and click link whilst browsing. Not sure if its new feature but its awesome.

Developer options>user interface>show touches.

AndroidBlizzard

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
One thing I discovered that I've never found on another phone is the show touch feature.
Actually makes it easier to type and click link whilst browsing. Not sure if its new feature but its awesome.

If this is true, this would be a really good un-sung feature!

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
One thing that is bugging is the lock screen dock.
Reviews I have read state you can customize the 4 icons but I can't figure out how?
Anyone know how to make this an unsung feature?

texinwien

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The Lock Screen Dock holds the same 4 applications as the app tray just above the 3 fixed buttons (The app tray generally has 5 icons - phone, mail, applications, messages, camera).

To change the selection of apps on the app tray (and the lock screen dock), just long press the icon of the app you want to remove on the app tray, and drag it up to "remove". Then go to applications, long touch the icon of the app you want to include on the app tray (and the lock screen dock) and drag it to the app tray.

Easy as pie ;-)

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I also think the addition by HTC of the Note Application and Tasks Application are great. These are features I consider essential which for some reason are missing from Vanilla Android. Well done HTC

Notes is great because it syncs with EverNote, 60megs of free note storage that can be accessed from all your Android devices, IOS devices, Windows, Mac, and Even Linux machines via NixNote.

It also does voice recordings so you can dictate something on the fly without stopping to write it down.

It truly is the first good note app I've seen delivered on a phone, without having to install anything.

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The Lock Screen Dock holds the same 4 applications as the app tray just above the 3 fixed buttons (The app tray generally has 5 icons - phone, mail, applications, messages, camera).

To change the selection of apps on the app tray (and the lock screen dock), just long press the icon of the app you want to remove on the app tray, and drag it up to "remove". Then go to applications, long touch the icon of the app you want to include on the app tray (and the lock screen dock) and drag it to the app tray.

Easy as pie ;-)

Thanks for that, that didn't occur to me but i was sort of hoping to customize the lock screen shortcuts without changing the home dock.
Maybe HTC can add that later in an update.

Last edited:

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

All the dev options are present in the One X (and One X).

Erm. Wait. Mine's not retail. Anyone else confirm?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that, that didn't occur to me but i was sort of hoping to customize the lock screen shortcuts without changing the home dock.
Maybe HTC can add that later in an update.

That's one of my bigger gripes about Sense 4. OTOH, I can see where it makes sense.

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the dev options as well and show touch does work.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have problems enabling 2d hardware acceleration staying on...? Everything I enable leave the app and cone back its no longer checked...

Thats kinda bugging me...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae