The official HTC One X bugs thread

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
OK. What's everybody seeing? And sing out with your software version, will ya?

The review unit I have had the 1.26 build, which had some pretty frequent Sense crashes. Got an OTA to 1.27 that fixed 'em. (Not sure what version retail units will be updated to.)

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have version 1..... wait I dreamed I had a One X to play with. I'm curious as well only because I might have convinced my sisters boyfriend (who has an iPhone, ut is fed up with it) on preordering the One XL for AT&T and i'm sure to an extent the software should be relatively the same. I just wonder how long it would take to push out a fix when the phone comes out stateside if problems arise as they did for you Phil?

texinwien

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today at T-Mobile Austria - less than an hour after they started selling it. No OTA for me yet, either. Fortunately, I haven't seen any noticeable bugs. All magic, so far.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine was purchased thru Negri Electronics (Las Vegas) and I've got 1.26.707.2, no sign of an OTA.
Do we have to register it with HTC to get these (like Aser) or will it just come?

Crashes: one or two. I see the revolving circular Arrow, and then Sense is back within seconds.
HDR Camera+ manages to reboot the phone!!!

And I have the wifi Obtaining IP bug occasionally. Posted Elsewhere.

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Close Focus Problems?

My camera can't focus anywhere near as close as the Nexus One could.

This presents a problem for things like Bar Code Scanning, because its difficult to get the proper distance.

Red Laser works better than BarCode Scanner, but both are a tad problematic. Even Goggles has problems.

The Camera app itself seems to do better.

xonex

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Notification bar throws a fit just as I start to grab it and slide it down.
Battery,signal and time gets pixellated and flickers all the colors of the rainbow.
Not terrible but an obvious glitch.
1.26 firmware

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Notification bar throws a fit just as I start to grab it and slide it down.
Battery,signal and time gets pixellated and flickers all the colors of the rainbow.
Not terrible but an obvious glitch.
1.26 firmware

Should be fixed when you get the next official OTA. It's fixed in my 1.27 firmware.

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have an idea as to when this OTA will be sent out... I keep hearing all different types of stories... Phil? Any official word?

:(

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have an idea as to when this OTA will be sent out... I keep hearing all different types of stories... Phil? Any official word?

Will see what I can find out. But my guess is they'll want to get a few weeks of actual release time under their belts before pushing anything out.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Will see what I can find out. But my guess is they'll want to get a few weeks of actual release time under their belts before pushing anything out.

That's not HTC's normal MO. At least not with Sprint. With both Evo devices, there were updates the same day of release, and another soon afterwards. I know this is a tad different, but if there is an update already availble, they should push it.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
That's not HTC's normal MO. At least not with Sprint. With both Evo devices, there were updates the same day of release, and another soon afterwards. I know this is a tad different, but if there is an update already availble, they should push it.

Already seeing 1.28 pushed to ... China, it was? I'm sure the ROW will come soon enough.

Look at it this way -- should mean the AT&T version's that much better. (Let's hope.)

Reactions: Starfleet Captain

steve31

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
1.26 here. Lots of bugs...but I am loving this phone. It's that good! I was never a huge fan of sense but with 4.0..it complements ICS in so many ways. If HCT can get a handle on a few major bugs this phone has, then it will be the hit they need it to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

The odd thing is, HTC hasn't even added this phone to their own forums, so you can't go post questions or report problems. Maybe they are surfing this forum?

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
After years of testing "reviewer" copiea of hardware from Ati/Nvidia and the like...i can give you one universal constant. Developer hardware/reviewer unit hardware always equals free market testing of beta software....think of it like a closed beta. The feedback is always swiftand typically software pushes out on a frequent basis....which is whh Phils unit is seeing updates retaol inits arent. Never complain about not being a guinea pig :)

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
After years of testing "reviewer" copiea of hardware from Ati/Nvidia and the like...i can give you one universal constant. Developer hardware/reviewer unit hardware always equals free market testing of beta software....think of it like a closed beta. The feedback is always swiftand typically software pushes out on a frequent basis....which is whh Phils unit is seeing updates retaol inits arent. Never complain about not being a guinea pig :)

Exactly.