HTC One X vs HTC Vivid

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm on at&t and am contemplating getting an HTC Vivid. However I see the One X is coming and the specs are crazy. So I'm trying to decide if I should get the Vivid (which I can get for under $100 with upgrade) or wait. The two things that have me worried about waiting is the size and price. Right now I can get a vivid for under $100, but if the one x launches for $299 like a lot of the premium LTE handsets have been I can't afford it and would have waited for nothing.

The other concern is the size of the phone. The vivid is right on the boarder on how big a phone could be and still be comfortable for me. From what I've heard, the one x is the roughly the size of the galaxy nexus, and that phone just feels too big for me. But I thought the screen sizes were the same on the vivid and one x, so why would the one x be bigger? If the one x is truly more the like the galaxy nexus and not the vivid, then this again would be a deal breaker and I would have waited for nothing.

Honestly the one s is probably the phone for me, but its not coming out for at&t and I don't like pentile displays. Any advise on what I should do? Are there any high end handsets in the 4"-4.3" with 720p displays coming out in the future that I may have missed? Thank you.

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I say just wait for the One X. Since it the s4 chip has integrated LTE in it, thus less battery drain compared to the vivid. Its very sleek and sexy compared to the vivid. Its going to be over 200+ so its definitely up to your credit card lol. But you can always sell your current phone after you get the one x though.

I believe that the skyrocket hd aka gs2 was announced, but im not sure about that, it was announced couple months ago.

I would wait for the one x, because the vivid is a great device, but its last years tech. You dont want to be stuck on last years tech dont you? Most likely, its also going to be updated to the new OS that google will release again near Q4.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Like Expertzero1, I recommend waiting just a bit.

If you live in an LTE area (or one that will get LTE soon), waiting for the ATT version will give you a much better phone. (Put $25-$40 away each month between now and when ever it comes out and it will be more affordable.

But if you are in a non LTE area, wait for the One X (international) to be picked up and sold on contract by bestbuy or car toys and get that instead. You can of course buy it outright, but thats pretty expensive.

The highest price Android phone at At&t is 199, not 299. The note is a special item.

And no, the One X is nowhere near as big as a Note.

OneX_GalaxyNote.jpg

And the Vivid and the One X are almost the same size.

Att-HTC-Vivid-and-One-X.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: varsityhacker

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Get the One X. It should be out within a few weeks if not April 22! It's a much better phone. Sleeker and lighter than the Vivid. Sense 4.0 is better than 3.6

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Everything about the One X is better. If you can't afford it right away then definitely save up for it. You'll be much happier with it in the long run.

Jerome86

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Check a vivid out this past weekend. Real nice but I think the One x is more future proof. I'm hoping it's a 200 dollar phone but worry might be more. Surely won't cost as much as Samsung Note but who knows.

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The HTC Evo 4G LTE (One X for Sprint) is $200. It has a SD card slot and the battery is larger than on the One X. I don't think the X is going to be more than $200 given those points. I'm not sure why some people think it will be closer to $300 or more, that literally makes no sense. What does the One X have that the Evo version doesn't that would warrant a $50-100+ price hike? The answer to that: nothing.

Last edited:

GarlsOne

May 22, 2010
Visit site
It should cost $200 for two reasons: 1) storage is cut down to 16gig from 32gig 2) at&t upped their "upgrade fee" to $36. If they charge any more than $200 they are seriously overcharging.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I think I will go ahead and wait. Though now I just saw the Xperia S on the front and leaning towards that, 4.3 inch screen with 720p resolution seems perfect, though I don't know if that phone will be coming to at&t.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I think I will go ahead and wait. Though now I just saw the Xperia S on the front and leaning towards that, 4.3 inch screen with 720p resolution seems perfect, though I don't know if that phone will be coming to at&t.

It also has the last generation snapdragon processor, but a better camera (as far as picture quality is concerned).

The Xperia also doesn't have LTE right?

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Vivid with ICS and Sense 3.6 for a month or so and have been really happy with it. I was planning on getting the One X when it releases and pushing the Vivid to another line on my account. Here are some of my concerns with the which one is better for me question:

1. The Vivid has 3.81GB of storage for apps - The One X has 2.1GB for app storage.

2. The Vivid has 8.84GB internal user accessible storage - The One X has 9.2GB internal user accessible storage.

3. The Vivid has microSD card support up to 32GB - The One X has none

4. The Vivid has a removable battery - The One X has an embedded battery.

5. The Vivid has a 4.5" screen - The One X has a 4.7" screen.

6. The Vivid has a 1.2ghz dual core processor - The One X has a 1.5ghz dual core processor. Both have 1GB of RAM. I am not nor will I ever be a "gamer", so not a lot of difference to me here.

7. I live in a rural area that will not see LTE coverage anytime soon...likely not during the life cycle of either phone. I am consistently getting between 18-20 hours of use on the Vivid's stock battery. From what I understand, the One X is likely to be right in the same range.

8. I am sure the display and the camera are both better on the One X, but they are both very good on the Vivid as well.

9. Due to my profession, any phone I carry HAS to be in a fairly rugged case. I know the One X is a much sleeker device and design, but by the time you put a rugged case on it much of that appeal is gone and both devices wind up being about the same size. I couldn't care less about the ultra thin design trend.

If the One X had microSD card support...the choice would be obvious and I would not be writing this. More onboard storage would offset some of the loss of the microSD card. Removable battery is not that big a deal...but if I had to choose I would rather be able to replace the battery.

I would have been willing to pay $299 for a 32GB LTE version with microSD card support...but the 16GB version with no microSD card support is really not much of a step up from the Vivid I already have and really like.

I just don't see anything in the rumor mill coming anytime soon that will beat the One X though.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well I got anxious and picked up the vivid last week, and I must say I really like it. however yesterday I went to my local at&t store and was blown away by the one x. size wise which was a concern of mine was no problem, while it is wider and longer than the vivid, it feels smaller. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the thinness, but it feels smaller in your hands. the only downside for me is the 16gb internal storage, though so far I have been able to make that work with my vivid, so it shouldn't be a problem for me, just a nuisance. got the pre order in, and will be swapping my vivid for the one x on release, very excited.

neoenigma

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Everything about the One X is better. If you can't afford it right away then definitely save up for it. You'll be much happier with it in the long run.

AHEM. Vivid has an SD card slot (so it kills the One X in storage space) and has a removable battery.

EDIT: yeah, for3nsicguy said it better. Lots of good things about the Vivid compared to the One X.

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
AHEM. Vivid has an SD card slot (so it kills the One X in storage space) and has a removable battery.

EDIT: yeah, for3nsicguy said it better. Lots of good things about the Vivid compared to the One X.

I am in no way even suggesting the Vivid is a better phone, spec wise the One X beats it in every category. The latest high end specs and benchmark scores are not the determinate factors in what is the best device for me.

The Vivid has several differences that turn out to be strengths and advantages to me for what I want/need in a phone and my usage.

That being said....I may still wind up with a One X. It looks like an outstanding device in every way and will be hard to pass up when I have to add a line of service next month.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

supa_dupa

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
It also has the last generation snapdragon processor, but a better camera (as far as picture quality is concerned).

The Xperia also doesn't have LTE right?

It doesn't. It has also Snapdragon S3 (MSM8260) SoC, just like Sensation, so the HW is from 2011 on Xperia S...
However , Xperia Ion has LTE and 12MP camera...but the same S3 (MSM8260) chip.

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The Vivid has had ICS for over a month now. When I picked mine up 4 weeks ago it was pre-installed out of the box. If not, it is available as an OTA update.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair