AT&T One X, AWS?

Will the AT&T One X support T-Mobile HSPA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fungflex

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So, with BGR now stating the AT&T One X may be less than a week away I have one very pressing question:

Does the AT&T One X support T-Mobile 3g? I have done some searching and there clearly isn't a set answer yet but I am thinking it will.

First, the spec sheet at HTC.com for the AT&T model lists the following:

LTE CAT3 - DL 100 /UL 50
LTE: 700/AWS
WCDMA: 2100/1900/AWS/850
EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900

So it appears that it supports WCDMA AWS bands, which is what T-Mobile currently uses for it's HSPA+ network. This leads me to believe that with a quick and cheap unlock this device will work on T-mobile & AT&T networks.

I have seen some people claim that AT&T could lock out the bands, but to me that would indicate that the spec listed on HTC's website is incorrect. Also, realistically they band is likely available after unlocking.

What does everyone think, is this just the rational thought process or am I dreaming?:cool:

krink1es

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEEAAASE ANSWER THIS MAN!

I've been trying to find this out as well. I don't see any reason for it not to

work fine as long as by AWS they mean the 1700 band. You should

also check out the Rogers Wireless version from canada, the only thing I

find funny about that version is the spec sheet is exactly the same (in

reference to spectrum) so I wonder what the difference in frequency use

would be for the at&t and Rogers versions and if I can just go ahead and

grab an at&t instead of going through the hassle trying to get a phone from

canada.

I wish you luck dude

krink1es

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have still not seen this logic answered, I don't get it. I think just no one knows there way around the coding well enough and the ones that do aren't gonna be reading forums answering questions like this.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Nobody knows.

Android Central staff had the phone in hand, but probably can't just do this subject to NDAs and the desire to remain in the good graces of who ever gave them the phone.

Its a difficult thing to test. Someone will have to get their hands on one, then run down to T-Mobile and get a micro-sim, from a company who will not be too happy to give them one, since they sell a competitive phone.