1.28 for Americans

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No sooner had your post come through than my update arrived.

I have yet to see any significant improvement.

In fact my wifi connectivity problem is worse. It won't even stay connected with static ips anymore. Immediate disconnects and reconnects in a loop.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

So you have an AISA WWE (x.xx.707.xx ROM Phone) and received the OTA while in the US? I am also assuming your on AT&T, correct?

Maybe there is some hope for an update to my phone after all HAHA!!!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
So you have an AISA WWE (x.xx.707.xx ROM Phone) and received the OTA while in the US? I am also assuming your on AT&T, correct?

Maybe there is some hope for an update to my phone after all HAHA!!!

Actually I live in the US, and purchased the imported version because I didn't want to buy one from At&t. But I am an at&t customer. The OTA arrived while I was on wifi.

So far I have noticed much improved battery performance. I have 14% battery left after 21 hours of usage since last charge.

Still having wifi connectivity problems occasionally.

Still see occasional odd graphics artifacts in the notification bar.

Otherwise a very good update.

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you notice the data signal go from 3G to H with lightning speed (hahaha) with 1.19 and then stabilize to H with the 1.28 update? that is the one thing I am most looking forward to since there are fixes for WiFi.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you notice the data signal go from 3G to H with lightning speed (hahaha) with 1.19 and then stabilize to H with the 1.28 update? that is the one thing I am most looking forward to since there are fixes for WiFi.

Mine still bounces between h and 3g. I don't know why.

Wifi is NOT fixed as far as I can see. I have a call in to HTC.

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
What determines when your device finally gets pushed the OTA update? Does your carrier play an issue? Your IP address? Your unit's production date identifiers?

I'm in China, which apparently was receiving updates sooner than other places, but am still stuck on 1.26

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is the version that will arrive with the AT&T version we will be getting?

I preordered and hope it does, as I know the new version has some fixes and increased battery management.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if this is the version that will arrive with the AT&T version we will be getting?

I preordered and hope it does, as I know the new version has some fixes and increased battery management.

I didn't on mine (AT&T) and I checked today and my software is up to date.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't on mine (AT&T) and I checked today and my software is up to date.

Could you re-phrase that?

What didn't on yours?
What do you mean up to date, simply that no updates are available or that you are on 1.28?
And by At&t do you mean the at&t version of the One X (LTE) or simply the international version running on At&t?

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Could you re-phrase that?

What didn't on yours?
What do you mean up to date, simply that no updates are available or that you are on 1.28?
And by At&t do you mean the at&t version of the One X (LTE) or simply the international version running on At&t?

I don't have version 1.28 for my AT&T One X LTE phone. Software is up to date for the AT&T version, I checked for updates and none were available. Hope that clears up the confusion.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick post that if you can't use "Amazon MP3" or other apps that require US/UK English, install "MoreLocale 2" from the Google Play store. You can change it to US and everything works fine.

Last edited:

marcster

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are you guys referring to the Software number?

I am on Rogers in Canada.. in Settings->Software Information the Software number says1.73.631.1

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Call me crazy, but why issue an update if it doesn't fix the most glaring problems? Sure glad I didn't get a One X yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz