Dropbox on the one x

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Only 2 GB of apps installed on the device? I'll most likely have to get an SD card (I was probably getting one anyway). 2 GB's isnt enough for apps for me. I love apps!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
If it's like the international One X (and I have no reason to believe this won't be the case), you can move apps to the 10GB partition.

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Only 2 GB of apps installed on the device? I'll most likely have to get an SD card (I was probably getting one anyway). 2 GB's isnt enough for apps for me. I love apps!

The One X does not have a SD card slot. The Sprint version of it (Evo 4g LTE) does, though.

slowmomomo

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to stream music from dropbox to my one x with thr stock music player, that comes installed on the phone? or do I need another app for that?

Jutje

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I understand that with the HTC One serie you will get 2 month free of Dropbox storage.
My question is: when you take e picture for example does the picture get uploaded immediately to Dropbox?
Or you have to upload it manually to Dropbox or you can set it up to upload the pictures when your device connect to a Wi-Fi connection?

Just want to save some Mobile Data usage.:p

Tansen

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Google Music is really great. I use it now, even though I used to use PowerAMP before. Also, you can choose to download select playlists for offline use. And even if you haven't done this, as long as you've played a song before, it keeps it on the phone so even on airplane mode you can still listen to songs you've listened to recently. It's suitable for probably most people. :)

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T version doesn't have Dropbox as stated. I loaded Dropbox on the phone and then setup an account and have only 2.5 gb's of storage not 25 gb's. AT&T's website doesn't mention anything about Dropbox in the phone description and I don't remember seeing anything on the AT&T box about Dropbox. I wonder if this deal is only for the international version? Definitely it's through HTC.

Phil can you please chime in with your thoughts. Did the international version come pre-loaded with Dropbox and was there an option to setup and account? Thanks.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T version doesn't have Dropbox as stated. I loaded Dropbox on the phone and then setup an account and have only 2.5 gb's of storage not 25 gb's. AT&T's website doesn't mention anything about Dropbox in the phone description and I don't remember seeing anything on the AT&T box about Dropbox. I wonder if this deal is only for the international version? Definitely it's through HTC.

Phil can you please chime in with your thoughts. Did the international version come pre-loaded with Dropbox and was there an option to setup and account? Thanks.

You've got to be kidding me.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
When I installed Dropbox on my One X I then got this email. So yes you do get 25 gb's with the One X.

Hi Varsity,

Thanks for supercharging your HTC device with Dropbox! To claim your extra 23 GB of space, complete five steps from our Get Started guide!

Enjoy,
- The Dropbox Team

Sedrick

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So what everyone's saying is I have to spend most of my free time sifting through 25gig of my own music to decide daily what 9 gig assortment I want do download to my phone... daily... This is a lousy solution.

I have all my music on my phone for a reason: so I can hit shuffle and forget it. I'm not willing to go back to the days of my 8gig iPod Nano.

Sedrick

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have all my music in the cloud using Google music, so for me it's not a big deal.
I'm sitting at work reading this. I look down at my phone and I have 'no service'. Signal in most offices sucks bad, so the 'cloud' isn't a solution for a lot of people. Besides, I dislike paying for my music and then paying data charges just so I can listen to my music. I can't believe people are falling for this.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting at work reading this. I look down at my phone and I have 'no service'. Signal in most offices sucks bad, so the 'cloud' isn't a solution for a lot of people. Besides, I dislike paying for my music and then paying data charges just so I can listen to my music. I can't believe people are falling for this.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the device. Clearly it won't work for you. Either get the international version, or move on. Nobody is falling for anything. Some people can make it work just fine. Others can't. That's it.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Clcross18x

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
This is terribly important for me, so please do come back & let us know what you find! :)

Also, does anyone have an answer for this below?:

Ok so I just set up Dropbox on our store demo device and you do get the extra 23 GB of storage. I guess AT&T just isn't going to advertise or promote that feature?

txmade

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I emailed HTC on this issue i asked if te att version would have the 25 gb of drop box included,here is there response :

at this time, I am glad to say that yes, the AT&T version will have this available as well, once it has been released. Once you get the ONE X, please be sure to read all information about this feature in order to maximize the benefits.

Also, if you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me, Have a great day!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Tara

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy