Yellow Spots or Tinting on One X Screen

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my One X a few days ago and, after not seeing anything but software problems reported here, I was pretty confident the phone was solidly made and any problems I had would be addressed by updates. However, yesterday I noticed yellowing on the bottom left corner of my screen. After searching around today to see if others are experiencing this, I found this thread: [Q] HTC one X yellow spot (tint) display issue, any one find? - xda-developers

It appears there are issues with yellow spotting for some, and yellow tinting for others (myself included). I had a problem with lcd yellowing once before with a laptop, so I'm not too happy to have this with my phone. It's a problem unlikely to be resolved without a replacement.

Mine isn't so bad. I really need to look for it to see it, but it's disappointing considering how good the display is supposed to be. Still trying to decide what I will do.

Anyone else has encountered this with theirs?

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if I should expect 0 tinting whatsoever, or if this is more widespread and something that may not necessarily be exchangeable.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually experienced the same thing on the HTC one V and after Alex mentioned how the screens are similar I won't be surprised this could be a manufacturing defect on some units.

Kevin is right, go back and exchange it...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would blame it on glue drying....the iPhone had that problem right? But I'm not sure. Maybe wait a little longer and see if it goes away. Just don't wait past your return period.

taft

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'm keeping an eye on it hoping it may go away with time. I'm 3 days in, so it is still very early. I really hope it goes away, because I can imagine it will be a headache exchanging it.

I'm living in China, and my Chinese isn't the best right now. Add to that, it is hard to tell how legit the "legit" stores are here. The store I got it from looked as clean as they come, but you never know how they'll treat you after the sell.

krzysto

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Even if you're in China, you should be able to call up HTC or use their support website, they might send a DHL to pick up your phone and in a few days' time, give you a new one... I had a hardware issue with my HTC Desire that keeps rebooting, and they sent me a new one via DHL (I'm in Hong Kong BTW)

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I found this thread. I have the same issue. This is my second HOX and my first one was flawless. This one has a small area that is yellow that is hard to see. It's mostly viewable on a dark background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac