04-27-2012 12:16 PM
63 123
tools
    I was lucky enough to get the One X today ahead of the May 6 launch. So far I am really enjoying the phone. My initial thoughts are as follows:

The good

High build quality, feels very good in the hand.
    White gets dirty quickly but rubs off easily
    Phone is super lite
    Display is better then you can imagine, only phone besides IPhone 4s that I have owned that is easy to see in direct light. Display is every bit as good as IPhone 4s and it's more then an inch bigger. Sorry AMOLED fans this display is better. The glass is very thin and has some type of coating that repels finger prints.
    Sense is well done so far not the over bearing sense that I didn't like before.
    LTE is crazy fast
    Beats audio does add to the sound quality
    Camera is fast although I haven't played with it enough to see if it can go head to head with the IPhone 4s
    No lag yet even with multiple apps open, phone is fast
    Stock browser is nice and has nice features like being able to open all websites in desktop mode
    First phone that I don't want to or feel the need to put a case on it

The bad

Task button is nice to get to open apps but I can't figure out how to kill the task
    Settings button in pull down takes getting use to
    The three dots on screen for menu wastes display
    Camera lens with the way it protrudes out scares the crap out of me looks like it is just waiting to be scratched
    If you aren't comfortable living in the cloud, space could be an issue should have shipped with 32 gb's like the international or for more money offer it in addition to the 16 gb's like IPhone.
    Sense takes away some ICS features and feel.

I will provide a more detailed review after I have spent more time with the phone. However, this is the first phone that I feel beats the IPhone 4s in many areas and I can see myself using this phone as my daily driver.
    To everyone that pre-ordered the phone I don't think you will be disappointed.
    04-23-2012 03:24 PM
    Thanks for the review!
    As for the task button issue, can't you just swipe it away (left or right) like in ICS?
    04-23-2012 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the review!
    As for the task button issue, can't you just swipe it away (left or right) like in ICS?
    No the tasks/apps swipe left to right to select and there is no 3 dot menu to select and holding down the task doesn't do anything but launch once you release your finger.
    04-23-2012 03:47 PM
    How'd you manage to get it early?

Rabble rabble rabble.
    04-23-2012 04:07 PM
    No the tasks/apps swipe left to right to select and there is no 3 dot menu to select and holding down the task doesn't do anything but launch once you release your finger.
    Swipe up on an app like on a webOS device.
    Tikerz likes this.
    04-23-2012 04:07 PM
    Swipe up on an app like on a webOS device.
    Thanks for the tip, don't know why I didn't try that.
    04-23-2012 04:26 PM
    PIC NOW!!!! Please.....
    04-23-2012 04:53 PM

Rabble rabble rabble.
    Do tell! Inquiring minds would love to know/reproduce this scenario.
    04-23-2012 05:03 PM

Rabble rabble rabble.
    This! Must know!

(please )
    04-23-2012 05:25 PM
    A picture would be a plus.
    04-23-2012 05:28 PM
    How were you able to get the phone ahead of time?
    04-23-2012 06:39 PM
    PIC!!!
    04-23-2012 06:52 PM
    I call bs, unless there is a pic to back up the claim.
    04-23-2012 06:54 PM
    The only way I can think of that you happened to get the phone early was if you just happen to work for AT&T and got it as your COU device. If so, then rock on! The only device they let us use is the Lumia 900 around these parts and everyone hates it. If not, then god help the employee that sold it to you early.

I know if I sold it ahead of time in our store, I'd be on the unemployment line.
    04-23-2012 07:05 PM
    The only way I can think of that you happened to get the phone early was if you just happen to work for AT&T and got it as your COU device. If so, then rock on! The only device they let us use is the Lumia 900 around these parts and everyone hates it. If not, then god help the employee that sold it to you early.

I know if I sold it ahead of time in our store, I'd be on the unemployment line.
    You're right it's definitely a COU device if this is even true. A couple employees at some rather large stores here in Chicago do have the One X instead of the Lumia 900. So far though, we don't even have as much of a pic of the device. SO we're probably wasting our time even posting in this thread.
    04-23-2012 07:10 PM
    OP will surely deliver.

Rabble rabble rabble.
    04-23-2012 07:23 PM
    You can swipe up to close apps. Got a chance to play with one in the store, and I gotta say I really like it alot.
    04-24-2012 08:38 AM
    I call bs, unless there is a pic to back up the claim.
    Why would I make it up? Any way pics are on the way for all of you doubters out there lol.
    04-24-2012 09:15 AM

Not a COU device, and no I don't work at an AT&T wireless store. This is my phone. As far as I can say on how I got it, best leave it a mystery for now.

I have owned in the past multiple blackberry's, Iphone 3gs, 4, 4s, Atrix, GS2 Skyrocket and many others.

Again I think this phone is going to be a hit. Stay tuned for pics and more detailed writeup.
    04-24-2012 09:25 AM
    Here are Pictures of my HTC One X. If you have an questions I would be happy to answer them.
    aggie and Speedygi like this.
    04-24-2012 09:44 AM
    haha you really have a way of keeping us salivated for the phone. But I guess it's close to nigh, like a week's time you guys will be finally breaking the HTC one X in?
    04-24-2012 10:39 AM
    Looks great varsity. That Post-it note is classic.

Despite today's news of the Google Play store selling the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus for $400, I'm still keen on going with the One X as my first Android device.
    Speedygi and varsityhacker like this.
    04-24-2012 10:57 AM
    Looks great varsity. That Post-it note is classic.

Despite today's news of the Google Play store selling the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus for $400, I'm still keen on going with the One X as my first Android device.
    I think a smart choice going with the One X over the Nexus LTE is worth it alone if you are in a LTE area like I am.

I think at lunch I will head over to a Verizon store and compare my One X to the Nexus. I can't wait to see the faces on the sales reps at Verizon when I pull my phone out should be fun
    04-24-2012 11:02 AM
    Looking forward to reading your findings and their reactions.
    04-24-2012 11:13 AM
    HTC ONE X is probably the finest design of an Android device we've seen just yet. Congrats and enjoy.
    04-24-2012 11:27 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD