HD video playback

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got my HTC One X. :)
I noticed that in the stock player when i play 720p videos, the sound's missing. But it works fine on my computer, so the file's not the problem. Then i used MOBO Player. That lagged a lot but sound was crisp. Then i tried MX player. It's still laggy. What do i use to play HD videos?

neoenigma

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If you're anything like me, you'll want to find a solution that doesn't require converting your movies. It's such a hassle and takes foreeeever. On my Tegra 2 powered tablet, I use Dice player. Now, that particular player has a plugin for Tegra 2 devices that allows it to play H.264 MKV movies... but I have no idea how many other processors it supports. I'd try that first. I also use Dice player on my Samsung Epic. It's not nearly as powerful as the Tegra 2, but it comes with every damn video codec known to man and plays EVERYTHING natively. I wish manufacturer followed in Samsung's footsteps... including themselves, as their tablets actually do not have the codecs and tablets are BETTER for playing movies.

Let me know if Dice works for you. HD movie playback will probably affect my decision to get that phone.

neoenigma

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. I'm glad Dice worked for you.

Do you have the International version with the tegra 3 in it?

Last edited:

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Your problem is definitely codec related, as I play HD videos via HTC Watch, Netflix & YouTube & all play flawlessly without any slow downs or sound issues.

Try MX Player & Rock Player, they have always been good supporters of a vast range of codecs.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I got the international version here in India with the Tegra 3.

MX player didn't work. I'll try rock player, although I'm gonna stick with Dice!

Snowman81

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Honestly wish manufacturers would get a handle on codec support. Good thing there are app developers out there taking up the slack. Dice really does play just about everything and supports hardware acceleration so its always smooth as silk.

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
What is the easiest way to play YouTube videos in HD when not connected to Wi-Fi? It seems it isn't possible in the YouTube app, and it's kind of a pain to select resolution through the desktop site. Guessing that's the only way, though. Watching videos in HD is going to be a big bragging point so it kind of stinks you can't do HD in the app.

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I tryed that, doesnt work.
I have tried many players now...
The only player that plays video and audio on hd movies is bsplayer and im not very keen on using that one..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX