White or Gray?

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I preordered a white one, off contract. I'm never very interested in Android, but this phone is too beautiful to pass up even if I only just try it out instead of keeping it at least I'll give it a fair shake.

Did u pre order online?

I ordered grey btw.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

newbey123

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered Gray. For those who ordered, did you get the otterbox? Is it a helpful quality product? Trying to see if I should order, know it also comes with a screen protector.

5tephen

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Did u pre order online?

I ordered grey btw.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I did preorder online, but couldn't do it through AT&T or Amazon, so I preordered through my Exchange website. I'm in the Army and not currently in the U.S. for a few more months, and AAFES was the only company who would let me preorder off contract and ship to an APO for less than $650 off contract.

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
When i checked it out at the store.. White is beautiful.. Slap on a case, white for ever!! Wont be dirty and all that stuff...

Gray just looks weird on it compared to white...

Comparing the white htc vivid to the white htc one x is UNFAIR :) So i had to get white

say anything

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I really don't know what to do. I've wanted white the whole time. I preordered white but in the last 24 hours, and after seeing a video with the gray in sunlight, I'm sort of leaning towards gray.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
From Mashable's article:

I?ve been attached at the hip to the white version of the phone for the past week. While white is certainly eye-catching and pretty to look at, over the week I was toting it around it also picked up quite a bit of dirt and grime and started to look pretty dingy on the back.

AT&T is also offering the One X in grey, and if you?re someone who tends to throw your phone in a purse or lay it down on what might not be the cleanest of surfaces, you may want to opt for the grey model over the white.

Well this is pretty much my worst fear. Originally I was going for the gray model, but it was far easier to pre-order the white, so I just left it alone. But this is exactly what I was worried about. Have any of you who already own the white model experienced this?

Reactions: say anything

dsdxp

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend white. They grey one shows face and hand grease much more. Although the white may show dirt more, it's much easier to wipe that off than it is to get rid of the shiny effect of grease.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a white X10i for about a year. Didn't get dirty, just look after yours well...

I used to wipe it about once in an usage hour to keep it clean. Same with my One X.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Do white phones get that dirty over time? I will more than likely have this phone close to 2 years. Thanks!

I think it's really a matter of the materials used. The iPhone 4/4S's white glass probably won't get that dirty, but the ceramic feel of the One X could hold onto dirt and smudges. I guess the closest comparison I would give other than clay is maybe matte paint on a wall. I hear it's easy to clean and I've already ordered a case for it though.

igotchicken

May 3, 2012
Visit site
From Mashable's article:

Well this is pretty much my worst fear. Originally I was going for the gray model, but it was far easier to pre-order the white, so I just left it alone. But this is exactly what I was worried about. Have any of you who already own the white model experienced this?

I've had the white for a little over a week, I'm still a student but going from lecture hall desks to canteen tables and pub benches it still looks like I've just taken it out the box, though it did get a smudge of God-knows-what but a damp cloth wiped it off in one shot. I have to say I'm normally quite careful when out and about and the phone normally sat on top of my wallet in most cases :screwy:

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had the white for a little over a week, I'm still a student but going from lecture hall desks to canteen tables and pub benches it still looks like I've just taken it out the box, though it did get a smudge of God-knows-what but a damp cloth wiped it off in one shot. I have to say I'm normally quite careful when out and about and the phone normally sat on top of my wallet in most cases :screwy:

Well it's good to know that it cleans easily. I'm just hoping it doesn't become less easy to clean over time. I know I take excellent care of all of my devices so I'm not really sure what I'm worried about in the first place lol.

jpb07

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I finally got to look at it today and the finish of the White version looks and feels like the original Evo (sans the red accents.) I'll be going for that one.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I would have never even considered a white phone a couple of years ago, but the iphone 4s, Skyrocket, and One X all look pretty good in white, with the One X actually looking fantastic IMO. But, true to my nature I went with the gray one as every phone I've had in the last decade has been black or gray. I was hesitant because the gray sometimes looks off in pictures but in person it looks great. But, you can't go wrong either way.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I would have never even considered a white phone a couple of years ago, but the iphone 4s, Skyrocket, and One X all look pretty good in white, with the One X actually looking fantastic IMO. But, true to my nature I went with the gray one as every phone I've had in the last decade has been black or gray. I was hesitant because the gray sometimes looks off in pictures but in person it looks great. But, you can't go wrong either way.

I was worried about how the gray one looked from photos too. Sometimes it appeared brownish and so I went ahead with the white since I've seen it in person and know it looks great.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I was worried about how the gray one looked from photos too. Sometimes it appeared brownish and so I went ahead with the white since I've seen it in person and know it looks great.

Exactly. Some of the pictures I saw made the gray look almost blue and just too off from the black face, but in in person it's just as it should be and I really like it. But, I also like the contrast of the white against the black face of the phone on the white model. Looks really modern, clean, etc.