HTC OneX Unified Inbox (SMS Mail Whatsapp Gtalk FBMessenger etc))

gurraj singh

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Coming off a BlackBerry this is one of the things I miss the most.

I regularly use email - mail app & gmail app (different accounts) whatsapp, facebook & texts at the same time.

Although switching through these apps is easy, I would rather be able to just have a list of new messages in a 'unified inbox'.

I think on the SGS2 there is a app made by samsung to do this, is anything similar out there to enable this on the HTC One X?

Last edited:

jpb07

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One X, Unified Inbox?

For multiple POP clients you should have a setting to view mail from "all accounts" in the Android mail application. I do this from time to time with my personal and business emails. They color code the different accounts so you know which account the email was received.

Reactions: jenglish7

gurraj singh

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

I had a look at the K9 thing, but its not what I am after.

Im looking for a way to get the phone to have an app or a list of "new messages"

So if I have a new message on whatsapp, google talk, an email, a facebook notification etc.. I can just go into this list/app and click on each new message.

Yes the notification shows you when the new stuff comes in, but I want a list so I can keep it open and navigate between new messages from it.

I do have all accounts selected in the mail app, which is fine when I just need emails, but id like in the same list to have all my new notifications.

jenglish7

May 27, 2010
Visit site

For multiple POP clients you should have a setting to view mail from "all accounts" in the Android mail application. I do this from time to time with my personal and business emails. They color code the different accounts so you know which account the email was received.

Exactly! Just view from "All Account" not from individual one you'll get unified inbox function.

cd36

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
But that doesn't include text messages and facebook and all other messaging services.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

My international One X came with some shovelware that I promptly disabled that allegedly did this. Something like Friendstream or something. Then there is the productivity unlock screen.

And probably 15 apps in the market.

Seriously can't imagine why would you want to mix all those things into one app? They aren't even vaguely the same type of messages.

gurraj singh

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

My international One X came with some shovelware that I promptly disabled that allegedly did this. Something like Friendstream or something. Then there is the productivity unlock screen.

And probably 15 apps in the market.

Seriously can't imagine why would you want to mix all those things into one app? They aren't even vaguely the same type of messages.

Because it makes life easier.

k9 - Shows you all your emails in the same place, but doesn't do the other stuff I want and the mail app does this anyway.
Friend Stream, yeah I use that for updating my Facebook and Twitter at the same time.
Productivity lock screen - I had this on for abit, its nice. But I would have to be on the lock screen.

None of the above is what I am asking about. I wanted to know if there is an app that I have somehow missed that allows for a unified inbox.

On a day to day basis I have conversations in google talk, facebook messenger, sms, email etc. So you can imagine how many times I have to go back and forward between different apps.

I would much rather just be able to see a list of new messages, an example:

-I open this "unified inbox"

-I see that I have new messages in:
Google Talk
Facebook Messenger
WhatsApp
Gmail &
SMS.

-I click on the Google Talk Message, read, reply & press back

-I am back at the "unified inbox" where I can click the SMS message and so on.

If you still don't get what I mean, try and get hold of a friends BlackBerry, every new message/update comes up in the Messages app.

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

On a day to day basis I have conversations in google talk, facebook messenger, sms, email etc. So you can imagine how many times I have to go back and forward between different apps.

Meh, I just use The Status bar to switch apps when any message comes in. Don't even need an app for that. It just takes me where I need to go.

A unified Inbox is a term that historically refers to Email. This is why you aren't getting the answers you want. Maybe some searches for Unified Messaging might help?

aashafie

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I think u look for something like pure messenger widget, it is a unified messaging that include all whatsappp, fb, Twitter etc. Not using it so I don't know how well it perform

gurraj singh

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One X, Unified Messaging Inbox?

Thanks for your suggestion.

I contacted the developer. Whatsapp, google talk & facebook chat are not supported.

m1m1k13

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I feel your pain. Moved from a blackberry myself. I would love to see this feature implement in android in some way.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion.

I contacted the developer. Whatsapp, google talk & facebook chat are not supported.

Which is pretty stupid, since both Google Talk and Facebook use XMPP, (jabber) which is known for its interoperability.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Because it makes life easier.

k9 - Shows you all your emails in the same place, but doesn't do the other stuff I want and the mail app does this anyway.
Friend Stream, yeah I use that for updating my Facebook and Twitter at the same time.
Productivity lock screen - I had this on for abit, its nice. But I would have to be on the lock screen.

None of the above is what I am asking about. I wanted to know if there is an app that I have somehow missed that allows for a unified inbox.

I would much rather just be able to see a list of new messages, an example:

-I open this "unified inbox"

-I see that I have new messages in:
Google Talk
Facebook Messenger
WhatsApp
Gmail &
SMS.

-I click on the Google Talk Message, read, reply & press back

-I am back at the "unified inbox" where I can click the SMS message and so on.

If you still don't get what I mean, try and get hold of a friends BlackBerry, every new message/update comes up in the Messages app.

Had the Nokia Lumia for several days, loved that Windows phone had this in the People hub. Returned that phone because the display wasn't great and text didn't wrap drove me crazy, but would love to be able to find something comparable myself in android.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

If you find a solution to this please PM me. That and the amazing keyboard are the only things I really miss. The mix of those 2 was super efficient in a way that no other phone compares too. It's a pity blackberry fails in every other department

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

There is an email app called inomail, its a copy of apples email client and has an all inbox look. REALLY awesome email client, the best for android.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There is an email app called inomail, its a copy of apples email client and has an all inbox look. REALLY awesome email client, the best for android.

Meh, i didn't find the Apple solution all that workable.

K-9 has all the flexibility i needed. I do not want texts or tweets in my mailbox.
Just the mail from several accounts. Color coded.

Sent from my HOX

tweekerz

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I moved from Blackberry as well. A unified inbox is exactly what I was searching for when stumbling upon this thread from a Google search.
Since My work offers Company mail using AirWatch and the Touchdown Secure Mail app, I assume I use the app, or the status bar alert feature. I doubt that can be integrated into a unified view, as the OP is wanting (which is what I want too) This feature should also incorporate the Text messaging inbox as well.

Well, onto finding a solution/workaround!