Polaris office

cjewell

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC One X ATT version. Could not find Polaris office on it. I installed Astro File Explore. I went to open an excel file and it list Polaris Office as a choice. I chose it and it opens Polaris office. It lets me do every thing in it but this is the only way I can see it by going through asro file explorer. So it is on the machine but att hid it. Any ideas on how to get normal shortcut or to Unhide it???

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC One X ATT version. Could not find Polaris office on it. I installed Astro File Explore. I went to open an excel file and it list Polaris Office as a choice. I chose it and it opens Polaris office. It lets me do every thing in it but this is the only way I can see it by going through asro file explorer. So it is on the machine but art hind it. Any ideas on how to get normal shortcut or to Unhide it???

See if its simply marked as disabled in the settings / apps / ALL /

By the way, since you mention having a file manager, see if it will create a shortcut for you.

If it wont, go get ES File Explorer, and select the App Manager plugin, (5th button), and select System app (takes a while to round them up), then scroll to Polaris, and long press. It will offer to create a shortcut.

I didn't have to do this on my International One X.

cjewell

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It was not disabled.
Used ES File Explorer, I had it installed already. I followed your instructions on using it to create a shortcut. I now have Polaris Office on ATT version of HTC ONE X. It is installed on these phones just no shortcut.
Thanks for your help on the short cut.:D

txmade

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I did the es file explorer option and it said " created shortcut" but it still does not show up in the app drawer

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Where is the system app button?

Long press the fifth button (favorites, select, etc)
Menu launches.
Select App Manager. This puts it in the 5th button slot.
Then tap App Manager as it appears in the 5th button slot.
Then Tap Category
Select System apps..
Then scroll around looking for Polaris office
Long press Polaris office.
Choose create shortcut.

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Long press the fifth button (favorites, select, etc)
Menu launches.
Select App Manager. This puts it in the 5th button slot.
Then tap App Manager as it appears in the 5th button slot.
Then Tap Category
Select System apps..
Then scroll around looking for Polaris office
Long press Polaris office.
Choose create shortcut.

THANK YOU!!!! I have been trying to figure this out on my own since like day 2 of owning the phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay