Dropbox and HTC One x

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
How exactly will this work, i.e. the 50GB that Dropbox are offering?

I have a Dropbox account already, hence curious...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
How exactly will this work, i.e. the 50GB that Dropbox are offering?

I have a Dropbox account already, hence curious...

Once I signed in with my existing Dropbox account, it had a list of things for me to do to get the extra 23GB of space, like invite people, upload files, create public folders, etc...

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey Naviwilliams. I've seen your posts on several forums for quite a while. I noticed you're going from the iphone to the One X. I'm contemplating making the same move. What is your main reason for making the platform change?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've always liked Android, and I'm getting tired of the 'smaller' screen on the iPhone. I had the Skyrocket for three weeks, but the battery life was killing me, hence I went back.

But, I'm seriously ready for a long change. Albeit, if after I get this HTC One X, Apple release a larger screen iPhone, I may try it ;)

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone myself. I'm a huge Apple guy and have tried Android in the past but never really liked it as much as iOS. I've gotten a little tired of the iPhone and have a Vivid that I'm returning for a One X. So far, I'm loving the Android OS. It's come alone nicely and has some really cool features.

The size of the Vivid (and soon One X) will take some getting used to but I do like the bigger screen. Oh, I still have my iPad and will be using my iPhone as a media device in my car...just in case I decide I want to jump back over to the iPhone...haha

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Once I signed in with my existing Dropbox account, it had a list of things for me to do to get the extra 23GB of space, like invite people, upload files, create public folders, etc...

What? You had to jump through all those hoops just to get the free 25GB that HTC promises with the One X? If so, that seems ridiculous!

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've always liked Android, and I'm getting tired of the 'smaller' screen on the iPhone. I had the Skyrocket for three weeks, but the battery life was killing me, hence I went back.

But, I'm seriously ready for a long change. Albeit, if after I get this HTC One X, Apple release a larger screen iPhone, I may try it ;)

Yep. Same here. I have the 4S and the only thing I don't like is the screen size.

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
maverick96 said:
What? You had to jump through all those hoops just to get the free 25GB that HTC promises with the One X? If so, that seems ridiculous!

It literally takes no time at all man. You send an e-mail, upload a file and create a folder. Not exactly "jumping through hoops" haha. Though I agree, it should be just automatic since it's supposed to be part of the phone deal.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It literally takes no time at all man. You send an e-mail, upload a file and create a folder. Not exactly "jumping through hoops" haha. Though I agree, it should be just automatic since it's supposed to be part of the phone deal.

Lol. O.K. At first it seemed like all these weird steps had to be done. I already have a Dropbox account so hopefully it just adds to that.

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my At&t One XL. The only option I got was an extra 500mb for uploading a photo. Have no idea how to get the extra 25GBs I thought we were supposed to get.

Czar_of_Berry

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I must have missed the option to sign up for the extra space. Anyone know how to get the option to sign up for the 25 gb free space? Don't see it in options

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I must have missed the option to sign up for the extra space. Anyone know how to get the option to sign up for the 25 gb free space? Don't see it in options

Just figured it out...

There's nothing you'll do within the app to get it...

Instead, you'll get an email from dropbox with a link to click on for your free space. That should be it.

But, there are a bunch of steps listed at that link (mine had already showed up as being complete, so don't know if you actually need to do any of it to get the 23GBs).

This is what they are:

Take the Dropbox tour
Install Dropbox on your computer
Put files in your Dropbox folder
Install Dropbox on other computers you use
Share a folder with friends or colleagues
Invite some friends to join Dropbox
Install Dropbox on your mobile device

Each one of those, if you have done them, gives you more space... so having already done all of them, I am up to 30GBs.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up my At&t One XL. The only option I got was an extra 500mb for uploading a photo. Have no idea how to get the extra 25GBs I thought we were supposed to get.

First download dropbox on your one x, then sign in from the phone. After doing that go to dropbox.com/gs to finish the rest. The website you go to on your home computer

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I only have one computer, so how am I supposed to install Dropbox on "other computers" I use? If this is gonna stop me from getting the rest of the free storage I'm gonna be pretty pissed. This whole thing is so extra. It shouldn't require this much effort.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I only have one computer with dropbox installed and I got the 25 gb. I do know that I had to invite someone to my public folder so I invited my wife

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I only have one computer with dropbox installed and I got the 25 gb. I do know that I had to invite someone to my public folder so I invited my wife

I invited my second email address and it took care of that requirement. I blame Dropbox for all these hurdles.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers