HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what others are seeing. Perhaps this could be stickied by a moderator. My list so far

Settings do not stick with text size.
Settings do not stick with Gmail settings in particular the notifications for individual labels.
Text message notifications are spotty at best.
Text messages sending while connected to edge but not "4g". A restart of the phone corrects this but it is very annoying.
Intermittent wifi connectivity... Un connecting and reconnecting seems to solve this.

More that I have noticed:

Voice system? Shuts off without notification....meaning I got a voicemail today and never received a call. Had "4G" service the entire time and tried to make an outgoing call....nothing just silence. Restarted the phone and have had no issues since.
That's what I have for now will be good to hear others thoughts. ;-)

Others:

Delayed disconnection of wifi
No visual voicemail application installed on a "flagship" device. AT&T messages is a solution....for myself not so much
Gmail not quite a "push" style....definitely not syncing like my gnex does.
Google voice not setting up properly for some people

Last edited:

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine since Friday. No problems that I have noticed. I don't use Gmail. Texting seems to work fine. I am disappointed that it doesn't have visual voicemail (or doesn't seem to). I am not in an LTE area.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I am frustrated with the Font issues on Text Messages as well it's quite odd nothing a software update wouldn't fix though. That's really the only thing I have noticed.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
@arkanoid77 its funny you mention the visual voicemail as I anticipated that the phone would have it as well. If you looked online yesterday the att site shows visual voicemail as the setup option for voicemail....yet its not available at least that I could find. :(

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
The only thing that ive found so far isnt too troublesome. Whenever I connect to my MacBook for syncing, my ringtones default back to the stock tones. When i unplug, they go back to the ringtones that i set. Maybe it has something to do with having it plugged in? Who knows.

Ardrid

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that ive found so far isnt too troublesome. Whenever I connect to my MacBook for syncing, my ringtones default back to the stock tones. When i unplug, they go back to the ringtones that i set. Maybe it has something to do with having it plugged in? Who knows.

The reason for that is the USB protocol HTC decided to go with. They went with a standard disk mount protocol instead of MTP. As a result, when your phone is connected to your PC/Mac for file storage, it is unable to read/access files on the phone. Since it can't access the files, it's not able to play the ringtones you've downloaded.

Last edited:
Reactions: wickets

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
The reason for that is the USB protocol HTC decided to go with. Then went with a standard disk mount protocol instead of MTP. As a result, when your phone is connected to your PC/Mac for file storage, it is unable to read/access files on the phone. Since it can't access the files, it's not able to play the ringtones you've downloaded.

Thats what i was thinking. No big deal. I can live without them while i sync.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If your looking for visual voice mail try Google Voice, I have been using for awhile it works great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
If your looking for visual voice mail try Google Voice, I have been using for awhile it works great.

absolutely +1 on this one.

some of the transcriptions of the messages are hysterical but I like getting the text so i can at least get an idea what the message is about if i don't have the opportunity to listen to it. It's also great, particularly in a business situation, where you can archive and keep your messages indefinitely.

regarding text message notifications, have you tried anything like gosms or handcent? GoSMS is a must have for me on all my androids.

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used Google Voice, but At&t offers it's own app for Visual Voicemail called "At&t Messages". It includes access to missed calls, voicemails, and SMS/MMS messaging. In addition, you can also access all of the contnet on the web at att.com/messages.

The one bug I am having is with the lock screen...

I have it set to "productivity" where it is supposed to show notifications. Well, I have a whole bunch of calendars associated with my account, and even though I've turned them all off in the settings for this lock screen they all continue to show up.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

absolutely +1 on this one.

some of the transcriptions of the messages are hysterical but I like getting the text so i can at least get an idea what the message is about if i don't have the opportunity to listen to it. It's also great, particularly in a business situation, where you can archive and keep your messages indefinitely.

regarding text message notifications, have you tried anything like gosms or handcent? GoSMS is a must have for me on all my androids.

When I try to enable Google Voice for my voicemail provider I get this error.

[NOTE]Failed to retrieve and save current forwarding number settings.
Do you want to switch to the new provider anyway?[/NOTE]

And when I click yes I get this:

[NOTE]Forwarding number change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if this problem persists.[/NOTE]

Anybody else?

aqtrans

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
When I try to enable Google Voice for my voicemail provider I get this error.

[NOTE]Failed to retrieve and save current forwarding number settings.
Do you want to switch to the new provider anyway?[/NOTE]

And when I click yes I get this:

[NOTE]Forwarding number change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if this problem persists.[/NOTE]

Anybody else?

Same thing happens to me. :(

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

Why when you ask about VVM does everyone default you to Google Voice ?!?!

Some of us like the integration of VVM, and this phone should have it, why would a flagship phone skip this feature?

Has anyone tried to download the APK and install it???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital