HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

bergeronjc#WN

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes after I restart (I have to restart a lot or the phone bogs down to unbearable slowness) the icons for apps that have been moved to the SD card will not show up. Instead it will just show the little green android dude. Also, the names for apps will not show up on the homescreens; which like but it looks weird when some show names and some don't.

If AT&T had the Galaxy Nexus, I'd go to that in a heartbeat.

mgfjd12

May 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC responded my letter and this is my answer back to them.

David,
I appreciate your response on these issues. Even if I decide not to keep the phone, I think it is great HTC tries to help and provide customer service. I am a first time HTC user and I am trying to learn about the phone.

Multitasking:
HTC One X issue breaks Android multi-tasking
http://www.androidcentral.com/multit...its-customized
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646409
HTC One X multitasking issue: One X denies ICS’ multitasking claims | Northern Voices Online: NVO News Blog

I have done the same testing with my Samsung Captivate CM9, Samsung Galaxy II, Sprint Galaxy Nexus and they all can handle the android multitasking with no issues.
Personally my problems with the AT&T HTC phone are:
I am a mountain biker and road cycling. I use Runkeeper to track my workouts but during rides I stop to take pictures, send a mms, take a phone call and return to my ride. The HTC phone restarts Runkeeper losing my workout information. I have never had a problem with the Samsungs.
I handle office e-mails and quick office documents on the go. I copy data from quick office and paste the info in a text message. back to quick office for more data to copy but returning to the text message app, my previous info is gone because the application has been restarted. I have never had a problem with the Samsung Phones.
When I play games, going back to the home screen to send a text and trying to go back to the game. The game is re-started. My Samsung phones return to the game from my last move. No application re-starting.
One of the biggest selling point for the HTC ONE X is the 1gb memory capacity why isn't properly use?

Camera:
The picture quality is good but not great. I have to use auto enhanced from the gallery to make the pictures look good. I have to disable sharpness because it is too high. I have played with all the camera settings but still I don't get great pictures.
I usually take pictures during my mountain bike expeditions. When I take pictures of others bikers moving, the camera has a lot issues focusing and most of the time my pictures are blurry. The camera focus is great when no one is moving or objects in static position.
I have downloaded the vignette application from the market and the settings in the app somehow take better quality pictures than the built in software. Auto enhanced does minimal changes to the pictures when using Vignette, the pictures just look great.

Front face Camera:
You can not change any setting while doing Google hangout or Skype. In medium light situations, the IPhone front face camera during Google hangout, Skype the face is clearly visible; on the other hand, the HTC One X is dark no face at all.

We blinks

My Samsung android phones recognize links associated with apps in the phone. For example;
If a website has YouTube link video. The phone would ask me if I want to open the video in the browser or the YouTube application.
If a website has a link to an address by Google. The phone would ask me to open directions in the browser or the Google Maps app.
The same happens for play store, foursquare,etc.
HTC phones cannot read any links and it is frustrating.

Games

I agree it is not your fault but HTC needs to partner with top game developer companies to have games compatible ready to go from day one. Why? it is frustrating to show my Iphone friends my new phone and tell them I cannot play any of the top games waiting for compatibility. it is frustrating for me because I have paid top dollars for the phone and the games and I can not play them.

Phone Rebooting
I switched the Sense live wallpaper and the phone is back to normal.

Network
AT&T radio I agree it is out of your control.

Network settings phone
AT&T HTC One X needs a toggle 2G and 3G just like the phone versions outside USA. The reason is sometimes the 3G network is not properly performing during events or football games and being able to fall back to 2G has been a great help.

Contact picture resolution:
The contact picture resolution from Google plus or phone the contact phone is too low. My Samsung Captivate with CM9 can do high contact resolution pictures from Google plus or from the contact phone.

Memory lagging.

When going back to send a text ( I swipe)the keyboard takes a few seconds to be ready, it is not bad but it is there. It should be non-existent or at least similar to the Samsung Galaxy S II. Clearing the cache would only temporary solve the problem.

David I hope this information helps to improve the software. Please focus on the multitasking issue because I would be forced to return the phone if I can't perform simple recreational or office activities on the phone.

Thanks

josephparzi

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Group messages on my phone doesn't work. If I am in a group chat with my friends I will receive a message from each person rather than in a group message. I called HTC and they don't know anything

mgfjd12

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for taking the time to reply. You made very good points that there are some apps that still have to be programmed to take advantage of android 4.0 and some apps are designed to reload every time, but there is definitely still a problem with the One X's multitasking. When you compare the One X side-by-side with a Galaxy Nexus (which also has Android 4.0) switching/multitasking to another app loads it fine on the Nexus but on the One X it will force it to totally reload the app. Here is an excellent youtube video that demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about: HTC One X / ICS Multitasking Issue - YouTube The video shows a One X and Galaxy Nexus, both with android 4.0 and both with the same apps running. Switching between the browser and the Pulse app (which is made by Google and designed for android 4.0) works great on the Nexus but the One X will keep reloading everything. This should not happen because the One X has superior hardware in every way including 1 GB of ram. I am not being nitpicking and I would try to just live with this issue but this problem has huge effects on daily use of the phone. Many times, streaming radio apps will stop playing after some time because the background task is killed. Some times alarm clock apps will not go off because they are killed. I load up my banking app, switch to the calculator and stocks app, go back and I am logged out of the bank app. I start typing an email, switch over to the browser and calendar, go back and the email app reloads, losing my entire email that I started typing. I put a game on pause to answer a phone call, go back it reloads from the beginning, losing all of my progress. All of these scenarios work fine on other android phones even though they have less memory then the One X! This is not an issue just because apps have to be reprogrammed for android 4.0 as demonstrated in the video with the Galaxy Nexus. I think this is a beautiful phone and a really hope this issue can be fixed with a future update, looking forward to your response. Thank you

bergeronjc#WN

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So everything started working yesterday after a reboot; but then this morning it started doing random reboots. So I wiped it and started over.

Anyone else having issues with data in a non-LTE area? My phone has a hell of a time downloading multiple apps when I'm in a non-LTE area. I have no problem downloading 1 app at a time, but right when I click Download on 2 or more apps it will just stop downloading. But I found out that if I go to a few websites, search for a couple apps, go back to My Apps, then click on the one that says Downloading it may or may not start again.

This phone really is a hunk of shi-.

nytrus113

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine since Friday. No problems that I have noticed. I don't use Gmail. Texting seems to work fine. I am disappointed that it doesn't have visual voicemail (or doesn't seem to). I am not in an LTE area.

No VVM was not acceptable to me. Took the phone in to ATT where I live in Charlotte and a seemingly well knowledgeable guy there (ATT employee) who also had a One X installed it for me after fiddling for maybe 12 minutes or so. Works like a charm. And I'm not talking about the silly Att My messages or whatever app. Just good ole fashioned ATT VVM. Not sure why it's not more straight forward to have it put on there out of the box. Just glad I finally have it.

2. I cannot for the life of me get my contact pictures that sync over from Facebook app, to show up in my whatsapp. THis may seem petty to some but I've lived by this for a while through 3 other android devices including 2 HTC's. The pictures (though low quality) show up nicely in SMS convos and in my address book from FB, but whatsapp just will NOT grab them. Only pics from contacts who have Google account pics show up. I have emailed whtsapp about this and no response. Can't find any info ANYWHERE. I've tried Haxsync and that other Facebook SYnc app....no luck. I'm at my witts end. Honestly so far these are the only bugs I have found. But for me they are significant.

Last edited:

nytrus113

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
One more thing. My NBA GameTime app won't send me any push notifications at all about all games unless I tell it specifically by a game by game basis. Have never before had this issue. Contacted the app people. No help.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

nofears

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I had VVM setup via ATT MEssages and I agre...that is one silly app so I uninstalled...I would sure like to knoe how you got VVM to work without ATT MEssages....Please tell

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Face unlock isn't working for me. I set it up, set the secondary password but then when I "lock" the phone, it never requires the face unlock to open it. Just goes to the normal lock screen and opens when I toss the circle... :(

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Update on my situation guys...after getting the second HOX it worked...correctly for a few days. I took it back on tuesday of this week returned it again. This time I exchanged it out for a Nokia Lumia 900. Unfortunately I absolutely loved the HOX...the hardware is beautiful but I can not have a phone that does not receive calls or let me call out without any warning and needs to be rebooted to get it working again. I tried to seperate devices to see if it was simply a one phone issue...sadly it was not. Still have my gNex on VZW and love the phone very much...just wish it was hardware as great as the HOX. So far the Lumia has perfomed very well although I am not real fond of the OS itself as it is much to simple for me...certainly not as simple as IOS but nowhere near the customization of Android.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Any idea when AT&T is coming out with a software update for HTC ONE X officially for handling (hopefully most) of these bugs?

Thanks,
Osho

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Im not onlyhaving issues with wifi dropping and now working periodically but I am also having issues with data stopping sometimes. Three times or more today i tried sending text messages to people and they just sat there and didn't send for over 5 minutes. Even though I could see a signal.

It's quite frustrating... plus i am also experiencing the problem with not being notified when i get a message. No notification light or sound at all. It's very frustrating. I missed about 4 texts today and didn't see them for about a half hour or more.

An update from HTC would be very nice otherwise I am going to have to return this and exchange for something else :-( And I have no idea what to do cause I sold my iPhone.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
@jcochran1977....I know where you are...I had all those issues plus my voice data would just shut off as well...it is frustrating...absolutely loved the phone hardware wise as well as the software besides those bugs! Running a business though I need to have a reliable phone that gets calls and texts....just wasn't acceptable to me :-(

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was texting my friend Rach and all of a sudden when I looked up at her picture, it wasn't hers. It was a different contact of mine. Even the name changed. Threw me for a loop for a minute because I got really confused as to who I was talking to. Pretty weird.

hocndoc#AC

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hot phone

From first day, May 7, had troubles with "Car Dock" causing the screen to go black. Although easily fixed by turning off Car Dock, I learned not to use with navigation or Maps.

Also had 2-3 "loading" episodes a day, but never noticed a Pattern with associated apps.

Driving through Dallas using Google Maps Navigation to get me out of downtown with HOX plugged in to the car and connected to car bluetooth phone (BMW Z4 2011 version that doesn't support bluetooth music, phone book but never causes other problems) when phone had a stroke.

Had just received a phone call, talked, hung up, then reached to turn off Navigation since I got to Hwy 75 while talking, screen blacked out, phone unresponsive. Verrrry hot at upper 1/3, while unplugged, for at least for the next 1 1/2 hours, while I'm driving to my destination.

No charging light, nothing. tried the power button, then power + volume reset. Even tried removing SIM card. Tried laptop USB; nothing on phone, nothing on Windows Explorer.

New HOX - the last one in the store - started getting hot in the store, while installing a couple of apps. I'm trying it anyway for a day or two. Store employees surprised that I'm such a fan, but from research, convinced that the HOX is the best option on AT&T, or any other carrier - if I can get one without heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow