HTC One X ATT Version bugs thread

heircide

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing all the issues in this thread. Another one is that my Google (Gmail) account isn't showing up in the list of email accounts in the Productivity lock screen settings so I don't get any reminders on the lock screen for gmail (my Exchange account does work and is the only one listed). I hope HTC fixes these bugs soon.

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing all the issues in this thread. Another one is that my Google (Gmail) account isn't showing up in the list of email accounts in the Productivity lock screen settings so I don't get any reminders on the lock screen for gmail (my Exchange account does work and is the only one listed). I hope HTC fixes these bugs soon.

Yeah... I think that lockscreen only works with mail that shows up in the default mail app. I believe that is by design, and not necessarily a bug.

Reactions: ndc

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well an update on my situation...I exchanged my phone last night. No problems exchanging and the att rep was very helpful in the store. So far today and last night I had no problems receiving calls or placing calls. My network connection is also much much more stable instead of the constant bouncing I was getting before. Another thing that hadn't really noticed/bothered me much before was I had noticed the volume rocker keys were slightly loose? or rattley? The new unit is very solid in this area...perhaps the hardware in the old one was just defective all around. I'm going to give it a few days to see if any of my old problems crop up again but so far it is all good!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Pardon me for saying this folks, but as someone who's monitoring this forum, it appears the QA on this device from the mfg is anything but consistent. I'm just going to sit on the sidelines for a bit and wait to see if things improve. As of now, I don't think I would buy one of these given the large number of hardware and software issues being reported.. My $.02

Muaaahahaha :p

adg44

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with network and wifi dropping constantly. I may have to take it back to the store and exchange it for another one.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone experiencing signal or data problems on the network I would suggest replacing the device at a store. From what I've seen in my replacement this shouldn't be a problem. So if you have the signal issues or rattling volume keys or some other hardware issue i would get it replaced. The wifi issue is what it is that will have to be a software update as well as thetext size issue and the text message notification issue.

Last edited:

mooechili

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Have not had any more problems with folders' names being scrambled. As for connectivity, we both have Network Signal Info installed and the HOX beats my NX S 4G on wifi consistently. AT&T signal seems good, been getting full bars & 4G, reception clear. She called me on speakerphone and I couldn't believe I was on speaker..usually can tell. No problems with build quality. Just need to steal it from her so I can 'test' it. :)

Lizzy-Pooh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok so this is getting bad. The first day I had my One X the time was about 20 minutes off after having it on for the day the next day it did the same thing and the only way i have found to fix it is to restart the phone. So therefore I have to restart the phone EVERY morning and sometimes during the day!

I use my phone as my alarm in the morning, this is not good because it has been at least 30 minutes off each morning. Thank god for my internal alarm :-(

Is it a defective unit or an HTC problem? Please help!

I had this issue just one day. It was driving me crazy until I finally restarted the phone. Haven't had it since and I don't use mine as an alarm, but it was still a pain!

nofears

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I am experiencing the following issues:
1. Intermittent connectivity (1 bar, then no bars, then 2 bars in the same place where I had a solid 3 bars with my iPhone 3GS)
2. Random wifi connectivity (will stay connected to networks that Im no where near any more).
3. Not being notified of available wifi networks and if I want to connect to them.
4. Trouble sending/recieving text messages even when it shows I have a bar or two.
5. Random ability to download webpage data even when it shows I have multiple bars (could be connected to wifi issue in 2 above).

I really love this phone as compared to the 3GS I had but some of these bugs are making me think about returning it :(

Last edited:

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues sending mms messages?
I get "generic network failure", when sending
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
This seems pretty daunting to a newbie who's contemplating making the switch from an iPhone.. And I suspect it has to do with the release of a phone that wasn't tested to the degree it might have been prior to release.

Seems to me there are TONS of problems with both hardware and software and when I see comments like "I'm going to return this phone", it certainly doesn't instill confidence.

Anyone hear LOVE the phone?

Muahahahaha.. Muahahahaha..

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh... I love it. I haven't had an issue that would cause me to return it. HTC has a good history of sending updates so I believe they will fix the software bugs in a timely manner

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang, first post here. Long time iPhone owner who took the leap to Android in search of a bigger screen, amazing camera and a more robust OS. The screen has not disappointed and the 4G LTE is blazingly fast. But my main gripe has been with Slacker Radio....it's completely useless while diving since it snags on song startups (song length reads 0:00 - 0:00) and sometimes stops right after a song starts.

Also, the lack of VVM is a bummer, but I'll look into apps. The camera is pretty great, but this Slacker thing is KILLING me. Like it's a potential deal-breaker.

0331devildog

May 13, 2012
Visit site
well i am using go sms pro and the individual text ringtones are sticking. they will always revert to default tone. its driving me insane. so please help. also im coming from samsung galaxy s 2 att and it worked fine there.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone hear LOVE the phone?

I'm very much enjoying my phone! Long time iPhone user. To be honest, I'm still using my iPhone in the car as my media device since the HOX has 16GB. But, with some of my music still DRM, I've got to keep it in the Apple ecosystem. I connect my iPhone and HOX via BT to my car.

My biggest issue is the wifi thing and I can wait for a software update on that. I'm not experiencing any of the other issues reported here though.

All my apps are even working. Well, except for speedtest. For some reason, it tests the download and then errors on the upload portion. Weird. But, I really don't need the speedtest app :)

Robk812

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So far, biggest issue is skipping music, both during streaming from Pandora, TuneFM and internally stored music files. Listening is fine for a while then tracks start randomly skipping forward, Searched online and this is an issue others have had on international version. Switched out phone at local Radioshack and hasn't happened again.

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm very much enjoying my phone! Long time iPhone user. To be honest, I'm still using my iPhone in the car as my media device since the HOX has 16GB. But, with some of my music still DRM, I've got to keep it in the Apple ecosystem. I connect my iPhone and HOX via BT to my car.

My biggest issue is the wifi thing and I can wait for a software update on that. I'm not experiencing any of the other issues reported here though.

All my apps are even working. Well, except for speedtest. For some reason, it tests the download and then errors on the upload portion. Weird. But, I really don't need the speedtest app :)

live4nyy posted this link in another thread and I downloaded and loaded it yesterday and wifi has been stable for about 22 hours now.

Download: AT&T One X Update With WiFi Fix - BriefMobile

Worth noting though that you have to run this exe from a computer with your HOX plugged in and make sure you back up anything as this will wipe the OS and you'll be starting from scratch...

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
live4nyy posted this link in another thread and I downloaded and loaded it yesterday and wifi has been stable for about 22 hours now.

Download: AT&T One X Update With WiFi Fix - BriefMobile

Worth noting though that you have to run this exe from a computer with your HOX plugged in and make sure you back up anything as this will wipe the OS and you'll be starting from scratch...

I did see that. I use a mac and do have Fusion running a Windows 7 machine but, basically, I'm just to lazy to do this...haha I've got my phone all setup the way I like it and don't want to start from scratch.

Thanks for the link but I'm cool with just waiting for some type of OTA fix for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy