Bottom of screen light bleed??

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
so at the bottom of the screen while on lightly colored pages (settings menu), it looks like there are little flashlights shining out from behind the buttons. if you hold the phone straight up and down, and try to look "down" behind the buttons, you can really see the "flashlight" effect. they are uniform in size and protrude about 1mm or so up into the screen (very hard to notice but when looking for easy to see). let me reiterate that this is only noticeable on lighter colored pages, like the settings menu...and they are only at the bottom of the screen.

is this normal?!!!

I think I am being picky, as I do see this to some extent on other LCD screens but for some reason it just stood out more on this phone to me...

here's a picture

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1Jk0AsZHsB0ZldlYXBRcGJfY0E

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I was afraid of that...looks like I will be heading back to ATT tomorrow :) I already exchanged one before I left the parking lot because of another screen issue...seems like QC was a little sketchy with this phone

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
yeah so is mine "bad" enough to warrant an exchange? it bothers me just enough...I'm sure I could get over it yet I would prefer to not see it all the time. :confused:

Reactions: ggamba1

bruce.abbott2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Probably wouldn't hurt to give it a try. One reason I chose this over waiting for the galaxy s3 was for the LCD. I hate the pentile matrix and I was always paranoid of amoled burn in. The HOX screen is gorgeous other than the little bit of light bleed from that area.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Those are the LEDs that make up the backlight. Mine looks similar just not as pronounced. I have to be looking down from the top to really see it.

Same. Next one could be the same or better. Hard to say. It's always going to be there to some extent on LCD screens.

jkel777

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I talked to an HTC Customer Support representative about this issue, and they said it was normal due to the LCD screen used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34