Popup notification(s)

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
A bit confused here...

I was under the impression that for SMS\Text, emails, etc. there was an option to have new notifications popup.

Is that not the case, or am I missing a setting or something? Thanks in advance

Ivan

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
well, don't quote me on this, but I think all notifications show up in the top bar - there might be a third party app to mimic the iOS function?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Notification bar Navi, it's all happening in the notification bar.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Only iOS implemented that old school popup notification. iOS 5 finally got rid of that.

They did...but they didn't. With iOS 5, you could get the pull down notifications but selectively choose which notifications would also trigger a pop-up. You could also get a pop-up banner flash at the top of the window.

Still getting used to Android. I did like on my iPhone that the screen would light and show the notification and then go off. I don't think Android does this (just the audio/vibrate notification).

I can deal with it. Can't have it all and some things just take getting used to.

Last edited:

dataquest#IM

May 14, 2010
Visit site
They did...but they didn't. With iOS 5, you could get the pull down notifications but selectively choose which notifications would also trigger a pop-up. You could also get a pop-up banner flash at the top of the window.

Still getting used to Android. I did like on my iPhone that the screen would light and show the notification and then go off. I don't think Android does this (just the audio/vibrate notification).

I can deal with it. Can't have it all and some things just take getting used to.

I agree with you here. I'm also coming from iPhone and the pop up notifications are awesome. I wish that android would also implement this option for those that like it.

Valdeck

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
A bit confused here...

I was under the impression that for SMS\Text, emails, etc. there was an option to have new notifications popup.

Is that not the case, or am I missing a setting or something? Thanks in advance

Ivan

If you have a text or email come in while you are on the lock screen when you unlock your phone you can drag the text pop up to the ring to jump right to it. I have not tried this with any other apps.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you here. I'm also coming from iPhone and the pop up notifications are awesome. I wish that android would also implement this option for those that like it.

They are only awesome if you answer each one the instant it pops up.

Once you get busy, or have a lot of things going on, popups become lost, and useless.
This is why Even Apple adopted the Android model of a Notification bar.

There are settings to allow SMS messages and a few other things to pop up on the lock screen in Android, and the HTC One series has a Lock Screen option under Personalize called "Productivity" that lists most recent events in calls, texts, email, and calendar.

Give it a try.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Popup notification on iOS is considered a drag, not well suited for mobile. Not a chance to arrive in android.

sermojohn

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

You can try Popup Notifications, for having you incoming SMS show as pop-ups! Its market page is at: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...erfly.iserm.popupnotifications&token=82_JvxmQ
It support per contact notifications setup and has great integration with the phones Lock Screen!

This project is going to support gmail, social networks and well as system notifications in the near future (like battery status notifications)!

I believe its worth giving it a try!

Thanks,
sermojohn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles