Made the switch from iOS, BB, WP, or webOS and need some help?

Czar_of_Berry

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Made the switch from iOS, BB, WP, or webOS and need some help

Dumb question that I can't figure out. When I get pictures via sms I don't have an option to save them to my phone... How do I save incoming pictures?

Czar_of_Berry

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

just figured it out. Have to long press on the picture before you open the att attachment in case any other newbs were curious

JGraz15

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Great post...thanks. Coming from an iPhone 4 and so far am loving it.

Couple of quick questions...by using the task manager button and 'swiping' away recent apps, does this actually fully close the app thereby cutting off data consumption and increasing battery life? If not, should I download a task killer app (which one?)

Also, with regards to launchers...what all does this affect? If I don't like one I install, is it as simple as deleting the launcher and native Sense launcher will be back as good as new?

Thank you in advance!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Great post...thanks. Coming from an iPhone 4 and so far am loving it.

Couple of quick questions...by using the task manager button and 'swiping' away recent apps, does this actually fully close the app thereby cutting off data consumption and increasing battery life? If not, should I download a task killer app (which one?)

Also, with regards to launchers...what all does this affect? If I don't like one I install, is it as simple as deleting the launcher and native Sense launcher will be back as good as new?

Thank you in advance!

You don't need a task killer. Android does a great job at memory management.

With the launchers you can either delete it or clear defaults for it and pick the sense launcher again.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MGTrader

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Ok. Made the switch from iPhone 4. Am mostly loving the phone (ATT). However, I have several complaints that may work themselves out with a little knowledge.

Battery is not getting me thru a day. Moderate to heavy use: Need to charge by 5pm. Emptied battery yesterday but no help today. I am charging now at 3pm as I have the chance and battery was down to 38% with light moderate (at best) use. Display was 60% and now I have brought it down to 40%. Using Juice Defender Ultimate set to balanced. I have Widget Locker on the lockscreen and a widget for my calendar. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, when listening to Audible, when a phone call comes in the book keeps on playing in the background. When listening to Google Music, song stops (great) but after call doesn't come back on. I have to open phone and open the app to manually start the song. Is their any way to make this work properly (iPhone like)?

JGraz15

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Random question....again coming from an iPhone 4...do a lot of apps just not run as smoothly as on iOS? For example, when I open basic apps like Facebook or Chase, sometimes they don't refresh, don't load...is this common?

As a side, I don't have a ton of apps on my phone, any space limits, or much running at the same time

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

After using 5 generations of blackberry am I an arsehole for getting impatient and not waiting for BB 10?7

Last edited:

Leumsa

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

One thing that's bothering me is the inability to change which calendar an event is in after it's been created. You have to go to the Google calendar full desktop site to do it - seems odd that a Google system doesn't let you edit it direct in the HTC Calendar app, whereas you can in the iPhone calendar app.

Also, text messages show up with the sender's number (rather than name) in the Productivity lockscreen.

This is probably the kind of thing that bugged the initial iOS versions, but that seems so long ago to me now I've forgotten it. Glitches stand out more when you change OS after a few years...

jpetrarca

May 27, 2012
Visit site

I have a question. Just switched from the iPhone. Is there any way like in IOS that when I touch the top of the screen in the web it brings me to the top of the page.

ksace

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this thread. Been on bb for years and need to know how you all set email rules for alerts. This was a basic function on the bb but that doesnt seem to be the case here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007