Beats Audio, what does it do?

JayMysteri0

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Basically.

The weirdest thing though is that control talk isn't fully supported for HTC phones. So the only feature that works on the headphones is the pause feature. No volume control, and I don't believe the mic works as well. I happen to have an old pair of Diddy Beats that I've used with the 1X. The headphones work perfectly with the IPhone, but ironically are nerfed on the phone promoting beats.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Basically.

The weirdest thing though is that control talk isn't fully supported for HTC phones. So the only feature that works on the headphones is the pause feature. No volume control, and I don't believe the mic works as well. I happen to have an old pair of Diddy Beats that I've used with the 1X. The headphones work perfectly with the IPhone, but ironically are nerfed on the phone promoting beats.

I was pretty upset by this. The Beats, klipsch and Bose wouldn't work...until I was turned on to this. It allows you to use the middle button to do everything you want (forward, back, pause, volume up/down).

Check out headset controller in the market

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was pretty upset by this. The Beats, klipsch and Bose wouldn't work...until I was turned on to this. It allows you to use the middle button to do everything you want (forward, back, pause, volume up/down).

Check out headset controller in the market

You would still think they would make sure beats sets work perfectly. At least I would think they would.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
you mean to tell me that my beats solo's HD will not work with my new HOX when it arrives tomorrow that sucks thats one of the reason i choose this was beats integration how could monster put out products that doesn't work with the phones that wear the branding.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Monster didn't brand the phone or service....that was Beats the company, and HTC. They will play sound just fine, but the controls on the cable won't work the way you expect them to.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Monster didn't brand the phone or service....that was Beats the company, and HTC. They will play sound just fine, but the controls on the cable won't work the way you expect them to.

so what headset that sounds good works with the phone for audio and voice, and i know bluetooth sets do but i am no looking for bluetooth or cheap skull candy, thanks.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
all i can say is wow they do a deal with them and the headphones that have beats by dre on them are not even compatible i went through this with the lumia 900 what is it with these new phones not being compatible this phone was announced at mobile world congress and yet no one thought lets make the headsets compatible this is the only grip i have with OS out side of IOS it seems apple has everyone making shizz nits right now so that once the phone is released the accessories are there HTC has been at this long enough and should be the same uuhhhh now i have a phone arriving tomorrow that i am going to , have to go on a scavenger hunt for some good headphones that sound good and do the voice as well wow. 549.00 and can't use my beats by dre solo hd's but for audio oh well. i will get over it. :(

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Best overall head phones for the money for the last 15 years or so
are the Grado SR60,s. They are right around 69 bucks.
They are full size cans though.

The (best overall) thing is just from Stereophile, Sound&Vision magazine,
What HiFi and most of the other audiophile magazines.

They also say most of the celebrity head phones like Dr Dre,s
are about the worst sounding over priced can ever made.

Reactions: nokia4life

JayMysteri0

May 6, 2012
Visit site
This isn't an issue about Beats headphones themselves. The level of hate that Beats products generates is well known & legendary. There are very few people who are going to walk around with Grados, Audio Technicas, and more. It's bad enough that people walk around with expensive Beats & get robbed.

Whether anyone likes it or not, Beats Audio does cater to & deliver to an audience that likes a bass heavy experience. That's what 1X is advertising & selling with their phone.

The fact that the Beats headphones themselves don't work as well they do on IPhones, is a bit of irony.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's because Apple controls everything, including the API's and such to interface with controls for volume and stuff like that. It isn't the same in Android.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
So the One X comes with in-ear beats headphones with a mute/pause button
that doesn't work or hardly work at all? And if it does it doesn't sound good?

If so then that is pretty bad.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of I beats that are sick! The work great on my nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Beats makes a set of in-ears made specifically for HTC devices. AT&T sells them. I believe they are called UR Beats or something like that. The controls DO work with HTC devices... Bad news is that they do not work with anything else.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Beats makes a set of in-ears made specifically for HTC devices. AT&T sells them. I believe they are called UR Beats or something like that. The controls DO work with HTC devices... Bad news is that they do not work with anything else.

I have a set of the UR Beats and the work great with the HOX. The HOX actually recognizes them when you plug them into the phone as UR Beats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21