Picked up an HTC One X today....adios iPhone 4S

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Walked into the AT&T store today to take a look at the HTC One X. I have never used Android before but I am really liking this phone!

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
thats great what color? and how is the call quality? mine is arriving by fedex tomorrow and i can't wait i got the grey one through my att premier account its like christmas eve up in here lol...:D

wsgrabowski

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Me too. I've been waiting for the perfect Ice Cream Sandwich big screen phone to replace my iPhone 3G with upgraded IOS 5, and this is it. I've had it for 36 hours and I can't stop playing with it. Love it.:D

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope you guys can come back and be as happy with the HOX 1-2 months from now as you are now. I'd be most interested in hearing what people who have had the phones for a while have to say about their phones once the newness and the excitement wears off and you are using the phone for what it is supposed to be - a tool for increasing your productivity and quality of life. I hope to get the HOX in the next couple of months and I really hope there are no niggling issues with the phone at the time and it is works perfectly in every way imaginable and people are as happy with it as the day they first got it.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope you guys can come back and be as happy with the HOX 1-2 months from now as you are now. I'd be most interested in hearing what people who have had the phones for a while have to say about their phones once the newness and the excitement wears off and you are using the phone for what it is supposed to be - a tool for increasing your productivity and quality of life. I hope to get the HOX in the next couple of months and I really hope there are no niggling issues with the phone at the time and it is works perfectly in every way imaginable and people are as happy with it as the day they first got it.

i can tell you i don't stay married to these phones for to long we all know that in about 6-7 months the new iphone will be out the new nexus and WP8 so i can pretty much tell you this phone will most likely hold me over until the next best comes alone if non of them can beat it then i keep it but if they do then i sell it and buy the better device for ATT at that time i usually buy off contract and save upgrades for iphones since the no commit price is as much as LED TV

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Did any of you use iCloud for the calendar and address book? If so, how did you get it all moved over to Google? I want to keep things in sync between the phones, macbook and iPad.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Did any of you use iCloud for the calendar and address book? If so, how did you get it all moved over to Google? I want to keep things in sync between the phones, macbook and iPad.

I was using iCloud for email, calendar and address book. For email, I just got a new gmail address and am getting people to email me there. Also forwarding my mac email through iCloud to my new gmail address.

Calendars was pretty easy. I used the mac calendar app to sync with gmail. When all my stuff was in gmail, I turned off the syncing. I never used the calendar app on the mac anyway.

Contacts has been a bit of a pain. I did the same thing as calendars...synced to the gmail. But I had some contacts that were in "iCloud" and some that were on my mac. Also, some of the numbers didn't move over correctly. Most contact addresses now have city, state and zip showing twice in the gmail contact. The formatting between the two did not get along.

One thing I don't like about Android...it tries to tie all your accounts together. YouMail, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter...all want to tie in with my contacts but I don't want that. I guess it's nice for those that do but I end up having to go in and turn it all off.

Other than that, I'm dealing with it all and still happy with the move to Android thus far.