How do I add message and ringtones?

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So I've looked around in the One X forums for an answer to this and haven't found one but if I missed it I apologize for the redundancy.

Just got a new One X (loving it!!!) but I have several mp3, m4r, m4a files that I want to load and use as ring and message tones. Where do I put them on the One X? I have seen on other devices to put them in specific folders but when I plug the One X into the computer I am not finding those folders and it seems to be different for different phones.

Thanks for the help!

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Ringtones you edit under each contact.
For message notifications, the only way I was able to add new ones was connect to the computer, and find the notifications folder under Android I think, then copy and paste the ringtones I wanted for a message notification to that folder.
Someone else may know a easier way, but that is what worked for me.

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah was trying to get them loaded on the phone then I can assign them where I manage contacts. I am hung up on the notifications more than anything else now and tried the notifications folder under the android folder followed by a restart to no avail.

Thanks for the help!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
So I've looked around in the One X forums for an answer to this and haven't found one but if I missed it I apologize for the redundancy.

Just got a new One X (loving it!!!) but I have several mp3, m4r, m4a files that I want to load and use as ring and message tones. Where do I put them on the One X? I have seen on other devices to put them in specific folders but when I plug the One X into the computer I am not finding those folders and it seems to be different for different phones.

Thanks for the help!

There are folders named Ringtones and Notifications. You put them in there.

Its best to do this with an Onboard File manager, such as ES File Explorer, or File Manager HD. You can copy files from your computer to your phone. and put them in the appropriate folders.

This is Android. Try to break yourself of the habit of connecting the phone to your computer. Its never necessary, and seldom helpful. (I've never cabled my One X, so I have no clue why this didn't work for you, but I have several ringtones that I copied from a file on my windows machine via wifi using ES File Explorer - Free in the market.)

1earful

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
you can also create ringtones from songs/albums in the music app. there was one ringtone i tried to buy from at&t that simply disappeared. i finally just transferred the whole album from itunes and "created" my own ringtone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney