Is it too early to form conclusions?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Since the One X has only been out for a week, there seem to be a fair number of issues being reported, which coming from being an iOS user, seems daunting. So the question is, does it make sense to wait for a while before pulling the trigger and getting the One X?

I would love to dump this slug of an iPhone I have (3G) and replace it with something sexy, fast and fun. But I'm concerned about the number of issues I'm seeing here in this forum and don't want to waste an upgrade. The Sammy GS3 looks very sexy too, and the price drop on its predecessor (Skyrocket) at Amazon makes that phone look mighty attractive too ($60).

Also, does anyone here that had an iPhone feel that Sense is a better UI and more friendly to transition to when coming from iOS? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make an informed decision and not waste my time or $$.

Kalebb2010

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The GS3 could have just as many issues when it releases. Both manufacturers are spotty when it comes to updates. The Galaxy S2 for AT&T is completely screwed on battery life from the last update that they refuse to fix as well as the HTC Inspire 4G that was ruined after the Gingerbread update.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have both the Galaxy Nexus HTC ONE X, and iPhone 4s. Based on all of your comments I believe you would be best served and most comfortable with the iPhone 4s. I really think you would be disappointed with an Android phone as none of them will return the comfort level that Apple delivers. You will never get the level of bug free performance that you expect from an Android device.

Reactions: maverick96

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I am going to be an iOS convert too and the issues do concern me. Typically how long does it take for the bugs to be worked out in a new Android phone? Would it make sense to wait a couple of months before things are worked out and updates are done at the factory before buying one? Would July be a good time to pull the trigger?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have both the Galaxy Nexus HTC ONE X, and iPhone 4s. Based on all of your comments I believe you would be best served and most comfortable with the iPhone 4s. I really think you would be disappointed with an Android phone as none of them will return the comfort level that Apple delivers. You will never get the level of bug free performance that you expect from an Android device.

I have the one x and iPhone 4s also. The iPhone delivers a far smoother interface. And the iPhone 4s camera is better.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I am going to be an iOS convert too and the issues do concern me. Typically how long does it take for the bugs to be worked out in a new Android phone? Would it make sense to wait a couple of months before things are worked out and updates are done at the factory before buying one? Would July be a good time to pull the trigger?

How long does it take?

Not nearly as long as it takes Apple to even admit there is a bug, let along fix one.

Its already been announced that an update will come near the end of the month. Some Euro models already got one update.

If you got an AT&T model, you may get one sooner, as it has already been leaked.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting feedback.. However, what I've noticed with Apple is their commitment to seeing how much $$ they can squeeze from the customer, whether it's a phone or anything else. I also had to have my IP 3G replaced FIVE times due to battery issues, so I wouldn't say Apple makes bullet proof hardware. And don't get me started about the release of iOS 4.0 when the IP4 was released and how it turned my 3G into a brick. Yes, it's smooth, slow, boring and EVERY app with a few exceptions costs $1-$4.. And it runs on the 3G network which is about as fast as a drunk snail running through quicksand, LOL. Any questions?

So if I understand correctly, you guys are recommending I wait, choose another phone or? Sure don't see any One X excitement here ..

Muaaahahah.. Muaaahahaha.. Muaaahaha..

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting feedback.. However, what I've noticed with Apple is their commitment to seeing how much $$ they can squeeze from the customer, whether it's a phone or anything else. I also had to have my IP 3G replaced FIVE times due to battery issues, so I wouldn't say Apple makes bullet proof hardware. And don't get me started about the release of iOS 4.0 when the IP4 was released and how it turned my 3G into a brick. Yes, it's smooth, slow, boring and EVERY app with a few exceptions costs $1-$4.. And it runs on the 3G network which is about as fast as a drunk snail running through quicksand, LOL. Any questions?

So if I understand correctly, you guys are recommending I wait, choose another phone or? Sure don't see any One X excitement here ..

Muaaahahah.. Muaaahahaha.. Muaaahaha..

It is smooth. Slow? Well, maybe in terms of data speeds. Boring is personal preference. Personally, I like a consistently smooth performance from my smartphone. One where I don't have to worry about freeze-ups or force closes. I thought the One X would be that device and it's not. For me at least. I attribute the One X's hiccups to Sense 4. I don't care how good they try and make it, it's still an overlay that has to play nice with stock Android within everything you do on the device. You were asking for people's opinions and that's what you got. Really though, you'll still need to test it for yourself as everyone here has different wants or needs in their smartphone.

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site

I have all of those too and I say its still personal preference. I joke sometimes and say all I can do for customization on my iPhone is change the wallpaper and make “folders" for applications. Although the LTE One X has an edge in hardware I still prefer my LTE Galaxy Nexus out of any of those three. The LTE One is nice, I noticed no lag that made me want to get rid of it. I wouldn't use it if its as bad as some try to make it seem.
My GN spoiled me in not only working great but being so easy to tweak and change/flash ROMs. Buttery smooth ROMs at that. Pros and Cons to all. The iPhone has cons just like all others out there. Its up to you to see what will work best for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bigrey81

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have the one x and iPhone 4s also. The iPhone delivers a far smoother interface. And the iPhone 4s camera is better.

There has been articles about how both operating systems were built if you Google them. Apple built iOS to prioritize the user interface over applications so you will always have a smooth experience there, where as Google has Android prioritize the applications over the user interface. So it's really a pick your poison kind of thing.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
just use it for yourself and see the reason most of us folks have multiple phones in our portfolio is because one phone couldn't do it there is no such thing every phone has its bugs the gnex has had release to fix things, iphone has had release to fix things. lumia's have had release to fix things, need i go on every phone released regardless of OS has needed some type of fix its called electronics and its gonna always be this way the only true opinion is your own get one check it out for 30 days and if you don't like take it back and go back to the 3g until the next great thing comes out..

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4s and realized how boring and stale that IOS is and went to a Galaxy Nexus and just now, an HTC One X and absolutely love ICS. If you like that and the level of comfort IOS brings stick to the iPhone. But if you want a beautiful UI, real customization for the end user and a screen that isn't so small get the One X. Once you go to a screen that much larger you will never go back, trust me. I don't have any huge issues and my battery life is much better than my iPhone 4s was, all depends on the user..and my autocorrect works perfect!!!:p

Reactions: bigrey81

Reno Skyy

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
IPhone isn't even as smooth as every one puts it out to be anyways its ur personal opinion I got the galaxy nexus stock an beautiful quick updates :)

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Had a faulty camera on my first one x, but besides that the phone has been amazing. Don't have any bugs and it's smooth as hell. Besides the storage, the phone seems perfect in every way. First time I've gotten a phone that truely feels like it's from the future.

mkhred1

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 4s and won't go back.... I hated the 4s and I've had the original iPhone 2g, iPhone 3g, iPhone 3gs, and iPhone 4..... I'm just tired of the boring iPhone.

I love my One X!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

How is u clowning Android with a android avatar?????:confused: lol
And fyi my last two androids were perfect and hopefully my next one(witch will be the evo) will be too

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Bottom Line:

• Every flagship device will have issues/bugs
  • Every mobile OS has flaws/restrictions/drawbacks
  • Every person has different needs, wants, preferences, and opinions

My advice, just put about $30 - $40 aside for restocking fees and try a phone out for 29 days. :p

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
There are things about Sense 4.0 that I much prefer over iOS 5.1. Namely widgets and the way multitasking is visualized. Really like the WebOS way of dealing with running apps. Now about bugs . . . keep in mind you are MUCH more likely to see bugs/problems talked about forums like this. After all if you're happy with the phone and not experiencing "bugs" you probably are not posting on forums. I don't believe any of the problems are widespread. I've read every iPhone produced to date and have to say I prefer my One X over my 4S for most things. Now I may switch back if the new iPhone this fall is rocking a larger screen but for now I'm good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos