Signal Drop?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anybody here has the mobile signal randomly drop out? Sometimes when I'm using the phone the bars go away and a little x pops up next to the signal. It eventually comes back but the time is random there as well. I haven't dropped a call yet and everything else seems fine but the dropouts are weird. I'm going to go and try a new sim and see if that helps, anybody else have this issue?

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anybody here has the mobile signal randomly drop out? Sometimes when I'm using the phone the bars go away and a little x pops up next to the signal. It eventually comes back but the time is random there as well. I haven't dropped a call yet and everything else seems fine but the dropouts are weird. I'm going to go and try a new sim and see if that helps, anybody else have this issue?

Yeah, i have had it go from 4LTE, to 4G, to E, to 1 bar all in the same spot. The majority of time its in E :( I'm taking mine back due to BT issues, it's a shame i really do love this phone.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Yes I have, called AT&T about it the other day actually. Happened about 3 times the other day.

danwc

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Interesting it happened several times to me today. And I had no issue where even though I showed 4 bars and said I was connected to the network, I couldn't pull down any data, connect to websites, etc, even with restarting the phone. First time that had happened. I was in a location I don't usually go to, so not sure if it was the place or what. But it was quite disconcerting. But once a day or so I've noticed the no bars/no service icon, but usually its been brief and while I'm connected to wifi, but I'll have to watch it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup I narrowed mine down to wifi related as well. Seems like my initial connection to a previously used wifi network kicks my mobile connection out, then it comes back on a minute later. If wifi stays off I never lose connection....some kind of software issue obviously.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to me yesterday. Might have happened before but first time I noticed it. I think it's definitely wifi related. I've been turning it off and on but think I'll just leave it off till an update from HTC comes out.

wgr0104

May 17, 2012
Visit site
My wifi will disconnect and connect multiple times and I don't think I've ever seen full bars bu that could be due to the coverage and not my phone

patstock11

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I finally had my data signal drop totally and not be able to reconnect. I notice most down at my Job which is on the southern most end of my town near the shore. It seems that extremely weak signals trigger this. Anyway only thing that solves it is a reboot or toggling airplane mode. Pretty sure this is a known bug. I absolutely love this phone though.

Memo to AT&T and HTC. If this isn't addressed very soon via an ota this thing unfortunately will be returned. It is unacceptable to pay $30 a month on data and have to deal with this. I hope they visit these forums

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I assure you they do not visit these forums, so making chest thumping threats about returning the phone here is like peeing in the swimming pool: gives you a warm sense of release, but nobody else notices.

Sent from my HOX

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I assure you they do not visit these forums, so making chest thumping threats about returning the phone here is like peeing in the swimming pool: gives you a warm sense of release, but nobody else notices.

Ha! Hilarious! And, also the reason why I never go in public swimming pools! :D

gbray1

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having some issues with this. Company rep said that the OTA software fix comes out end of the month. So, I'm going to hang in there until then.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Sent from my HOX

There are TONS of AT&T employees(as well as other carrier employees) visiting these forums. Are any visiting and posting on an official status? most likely not.

You aren't going to find Ralph De La Vega on here.. but Jim Bob from an AT&T retail store in Wisconsin.. sure.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There are TONS of AT&T employees(as well as other carrier employees) visiting these forums. Are any visiting and posting on an official status? most likely not.

You aren't going to find Ralph De La Vega on here.. but Jim Bob from an AT&T retail store in Wisconsin.. sure.

If true, then the average ATT rep wouldn't be as clueless as they all seem to be. Most of them still recommend task killers! 75% of them can't even navigate their own service terminals, have no idea about phone specs and at best can tell you what's popular.

Always wander aimlessly in any ATT store till the Asian chic is free. She's your the best chance of finding competence. No Asian chic? Go to a different store. ;-)

Sent from my HOX

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Well if their name is Jim Bob, chances are he care's more about shooting holes at his old Ford from his shotgun while getting plastered off Pabst Blue Ribbon.

and, if the Asian chick is hot, get her #!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I REALLY wish there was a way to turn off LTE. It seems all my data dropping issues happen on LTE. HSPA+ seem to work fine.

What's odd is it shows 2-4 bars, LTE connected but data just doesn't work. It's so f-n frustrating.

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
There are so many factors that could affect your signal. But so far, my device signal has been fine. I don't watch it though. Now, if my data speeds started sucking or I dropped calls I would be more into it. But for now all is well in that department.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
While SoCal isn't officially listed as having LTE, it does have LTE everywhere I go.

2-4 bars almost everywhere.. and when it works, it works well. It's random, sometimes data just will not work, I'll see the little quarter circles going in/out indicating its trying to pass data, it just doesn't..

If it drops LTE and goes to regular "4G", data works fine all the time, not having this issue.

There's too many people all over the country that are having this problem to indicate it's something specific to my device/factors..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair