Signal Drop?

MachoDonut

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
While SoCal isn't officially listed as having LTE, it does have LTE everywhere I go.

2-4 bars almost everywhere.. and when it works, it works well. It's random, sometimes data just will not work, I'll see the little quarter circles going in/out indicating its trying to pass data, it just doesn't..

If it drops LTE and goes to regular "4G", data works fine all the time, not having this issue.

There's too many people all over the country that are having this problem to indicate it's something specific to my device/factors..

Same problem with mine. I have to switch in and out of airplane mode or bounce it to get it to recover. I was thinking of exchanging it, but I doubt that another one will be any better. Maybe it's a driver issue with the LTE radio? Hopefully, the update comes sooner rather than later and takes care of it.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
While SoCal isn't officially listed as having LTE, it does have LTE everywhere I go.

2-4 bars almost everywhere.. and when it works, it works well. It's random, sometimes data just will not work, I'll see the little quarter circles going in/out indicating its trying to pass data, it just doesn't..

If it drops LTE and goes to regular "4G", data works fine all the time, not having this issue.

There's too many people all over the country that are having this problem to indicate it's something specific to my device/factors..

I'm in the same area as you. I get about 2-3 bars max when I've got LTE. I just read here or somewhere else that LTE in SoCal is limited because of frequency? Something like that...which sucks.

Anyway, I don't find that LTE is causing my issue but who knows. I actually was thinking it had something to do with connecting to AT&T hotspots when I went to a Starbucks. Disabled that app along with wifi and things have been pretty steady for me.

Bottom line: yes, it totally is f-n annoying that I have to do these things to get the phone to be more reliable.

Still love it though! haha

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I assure you they do not visit these forums, so making chest thumping threats about returning the phone here is like peeing in the swimming pool: gives you a warm sense of release, but nobody else notices.

Sent from my HOX

And you can prove that how? If the marketing people at HTC are not googling their phones and reading what people are saying in user forums then it is no wonder their phones are trouble prone and garnering dissatisfied users.

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem that might be explained by this, or might just shed some light on the problem.

I notice that often my phone will fail to disconnect from wifi networks, even if i'm out of range. This will make it seem like i've lost my data connection. Often, this is fixed by killing tasks, clearing past apps, or turning off wifi.

My unfounded opinion is that this has something to do with HTC's modified multitasking system.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I called HTC just now and the rep I spoke with says they are aware of the wifi issue but NOT aware of the data connectivity issue with LTE/HSPA+. They claim the fix for wifi not disconnecting after you leave range of a network will be fixed with an update the end of the month.

I've experienced the LTE/HSPA+ data connectivity issue basicly since the day I got the phone. I'll have 3 bars LTE and internet browsing comes to an abrupt halt. I will have the little bars showing/claiming data is being sent and received but I get nothing until I either turn data off/on or sometimes I have to cycle through airplane mode.

I urge you, if you haven't already, to call HTC at 866-449-8358 and report the LTE/HSPA+ data connectivity issue since, as I mentioned before, they are not aware of an issue.

The only advise I was given was to try a new sim card or factory reset my phone. I really don't want to do the latter.

patstock11

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I was actually hoping the data was a problem on AT&Ts end. Bc it does usually occur at my job where coverage isn't the greatest. But having to toggle airplane should not be necessary

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech