Contact sms\text tone

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Look in in the sms application settings. Should see something like "notifications/sounds"....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

omnialive

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I know you can set the default SMS/MMS tone for ALL incoming or outgoing messages...but can you customize the tone that is played when an SMS/MMS message is received from a particular contact? For example, I have two good friends named Huckleberry and Jerome.

Huckleberry is a good ol' boy and likes country music. So, when Huckleberry gets out of the sticks and sends me a text messages, I want my HTC One X to play some twangy country music. But when my friend Jerome from the city sends me a text, I want it to play some Usher.

Now, is this possible with the HTC One X? I would surely hope so, but all of my fumbling around in the settings has proven unfruitful thus far.

Regards,

Omni

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't think this is available with stock, but there may be some apps that do this. Check the play store for ring tone managers.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I was only able to do this using GoSMS Pro. It's a fine little app and has done more eye-candy than stock, but I wish I could just do that in stock and not need a 3rd-party app just for that one feature.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ringo Pro. I have used it for years. Lots of customization options and is awesome

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1