LOL Switching to GSM or HTC ONE X?

Leaving or staying with Verizon?

• Total voters

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will be switching to ATT when my contract expires with Verizon. If the the rumors are true about "grandfather plans being AXED". I can't say I am shocked that Verizon would do something like this. I am just in awe in how fast it happen and that they are the first to do it. I say they are the first to do it because I doubt Verizon will be only mobile company getting rid of the grandfather plans. Oh well this just gave me the excuse I need to leave for a gsm carrier.

Why leave for gsm carrier? Well I prefer Nexus devices on gsm carrier then cdma carrier for obviously reasons imo. Furthermore if the stories are true about google working with multiple hardware carriers to produce various nexus devices in the same year for their mobile site then that is just an add incentive to leave.

Reasons for leaving?
Verizon the first to axe the "grandfather plan"
More options for phones on a gsm carrier
Nexus devices IMO are better in gsm verison
Google store will mostly likely be exclusive to gsm devices
LOL if nothing else I will be able to get my ONE X or the Next Nexus

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I switched to att last Friday. Great timing I suppose. Miss some things about my GNex but love the One X. Also while att LTE doesn't cover as many locales as vzw yet I find in the couple areas that I've been where they both have LTE that att has a wider coverage area and less spotty. Haven't had any of the issues like I did where the hand offs between LTE and CDMA would have issues and leave me hanging with no data. In fact in the dfw metroplex I've yet to see my one X drop from LTE.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my Verizon unlimited data 4G LTE plan for AT&T. Very tired with Verizon, multiple reasons. Most of which was the Galaxy Nexus's terrible radio, lack of updates and battery life even on AOKP and Tunafaux

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12