Far East Firmware

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the far east international version of the HOX and I am currently on firmware 1.19. I want to see what firmware everyone else owning a far east model currently has. I think the far east model should be on 1.28 but I am not sure. HTC support says there's a update for my phone but I cannot get it to see the update.

Any information you all have would be greatly appreciated.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it came with point 26, and i got one small update thst extended battery life.

Nothing since.

Sent from my HOX

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if I can right from 1.19 right to 1.28 using the RUU over at XDA

Best ask that question over there on XDA, cuz i don't know.

My update wasn't a full replacement, it was just a patch.

If xda has that you could try it fairly safely because patches are checked quite well before they are applied.

If someone has the full image for 28, it will be rather large, and slightly more risk of brick. IMHO.

On the other hand, HTC hinted about another release at the end of the month, so you could hang in there for another 10 days and see what happens.

Sent from my HOX

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I contacted HTC and they had me factory reset, try and fake the date and even do a google checkin. None of those worked. Try the google checkin. From the phone dailey type *#*#2432546#*#* and you should see a notification state checkin succeeded and it should force a update but mine never would.

I was all set to send it in to HTC but I thought I better not so I unlocked the boot loader, rooted it and installed a custom rom. I just voided my warranty but I am ok w/ that. You can download the ruu and try to update it that way. The ruu files are over at xda forums. Let me know if you want to go that route I can help you out.

Bowlis78

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I contacted HTC and they had me factory reset, try and fake the date and even do a google checkin. None of those worked. Try the google checkin. From the phone dailey type *#*#2432546#*#* and you should see a notification state checkin succeeded and it should force a update but mine never would.

I was all set to send it in to HTC but I thought I better not so I unlocked the boot loader, rooted it and installed a custom rom. I just voided my warranty but I am ok w/ that. You can download the ruu and try to update it that way. The ruu files are over at xda forums. Let me know if you want to go that route I can help you out.

I have no problems with the device , the battery is decent, the wifi is good but my only concern is about so overheat...if im listeing music and then go to the browser the phone become extremely hot, im not quit sure if its normal or software.

Thats the only thing :'(

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I ran into the overheat issue yesterday even after I install leedroids custom rom. I was talking on the phone and installing apps at the same time so I was taxing my phone a little bit. mine tends to get hot about half way between the camera and the HTC logo on the back.

My main problem w/ the 1.19 software was it was buggy for me. it would reboot sometimes by itself and other times when i would wake the screen up it would be blank and not wake up so I would have to power it down and back up. this was happening 2-3 times a week. We will see how it acts on the custom rom. the RUU files are rather large like Icebike stated they are about 500MB's in size. you would need to download the file for HTC Asia WWE version 1.26.707.2 and 1.28.707.10 this will put you on the lastest firmware.

if you do go the RUU route you will need to put your phone into fastboot mode. power the device down. the hold power and volume down button until it boots into hboot. use volume key to select fastboot hit power button to eneter fastboot. start up the RUU you just downloaded and hook your phone upto the computer and just follow the instructions. depending on what version of windows you use(assuming you are using windows) you might need to download the HTC drivers. I was using a laptop w/ Win XP so I need the HTC drivers to get fastboot to install correctly. Vista should have the drivers already. let me know if want the link to the files. I can send them to you via twitter.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
When the phone becomes hot, go to settings, power, and see which apps are using the battery.

If you stream music, tou use a lot of power for the radios. If you are far from the towers, you use even more power. Try wifi instead of cell radio and see if that helps.

Sent from my HOX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2