Spinning home screens effect gone in Sense 4.0?

wildonrio

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

New to the Android scene (been on iPhone since 2007). There is a really cool effect in Sense 3.6 that I like where if you swipe through your home screens fast enough, they would start to spin in a circle. Here is a video that shows the effect at 0:55 (pardon the French):

HTC Sensation : Sense 3.6 + Ice Cream Sandwich (+ Face Unlock demo) - YouTube

I am noticing that Sense 4.0 doesn't seem to do that. Questions:

1. Is this a setting I can turn on in Sense 4.0?
2. If not, can I downgrade to Sense 3.6? Would that work okay?

Thanks in advance.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind not have the spinning parasol, but is there any way to make it so that is your on you last home screen and continue to swipe it take you back to the beginning like earlier versions? thanks. also, any way to make it auto capitalize after a double space?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You can just get a new launcher if you dont like the current one. I could understand. I hate it on my HTC Evo 3D! I will also hate it on the HTC one X from ATT when I get it.

I know there are some really good ICS only launchers. I have not used them. Currently on Sense 3.0 I use ADWPro and I love it! Well worth the new dollars for it. Has made my phone a lot better.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

New to the Android scene (been on iPhone since 2007). There is a really cool effect in Sense 3.6 that I like where if you swipe through your home screens fast enough, they would start to spin in a circle. Here is a video that shows the effect at 0:55 (pardon the French):

HTC Sensation : Sense 3.6 + Ice Cream Sandwich (+ Face Unlock demo) - YouTube

I am noticing that Sense 4.0 doesn't seem to do that. Questions:

1. Is this a setting I can turn on in Sense 4.0?
2. If not, can I downgrade to Sense 3.6? Would that work okay?

Thanks in advance.

It's just eye candy has no purpose and slows down the phone its not worth it

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Download Apex Launcher. It's optimized for ICS and has the home screen looping feature you want.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

THeys

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If you like that feature you will love using the SPB 3D launcher that you can find in the play store. It is expensive but it is a high quality app.

Keith Shannon

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

New to the Android scene (been on iPhone since 2007). There is a really cool effect in Sense 3.6 that I like where if you swipe through your home screens fast enough, they would start to spin in a circle.
I am noticing that Sense 4.0 doesn't seem to do that.

Sense 4.0 doesn't do that? Thank goodness. It's a huge pain in the ass to be swiping through my home screen panels and all of a sudden have it do a tornado impression for several seconds before it settles back on the panel it had been on. Looks like I have Sense 3.5.2 on my HTC Rezound; PLEASE tell me that 4.0 is available for my phone.