Apple: Get A Life!!!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Your products are stale.

You're out of ideas.

Competition has led you to scum bag tactics and lawsuits instead of innovation and new competitive technologies.

Things have gotten so bad for you, that you can't even think of a name for your products, so you're just calling them the New _________

More importantly you're being greedy and anti-consumer, with tactics like this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/customs-delay-short-term-nuisance-not-killing-blow-htc

Nothing we all don't already know, but this company has gone from cocky to desperate.

Stop taking consumers hostage and let us have our phones. We will purchase our Android phones with or without you.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Worst part about Apple's tactics, is that it's HURTING US! Not HTC!

This means that Apple is basically flipping the middle finger at potential iOS users, Ex-iOS users..

All the Android vendors are on the defensive, Apple is on the offensive. Being on the offensive can sometimes be called Anti-consumer. If Apple's main goal in life is to kill off Android, and not LICENSE it's ideas, than that's 100% anti-consumer, and the FTC, FCC, FDA and any other Federal Agency should smack Apple silly..

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope this doesn't hurt HTC in the long run, I always liked their phones. I just bought a One X and it will be my 3rd HTC phone.

I like Apple products but, agree this is bad for consumers. I agree, they should just license the ideas instead of trying to take Android or other companies down. Now that consumers are familiar with Android I don't see how it would help eliminating them were there is only one option.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I listened to the latest podcast before seeing this thread. The last question the team answered seems pretty relevant to this topic.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Aren't you one of the moderators? Sorry, but rants like this don't have a place in the conversation, either from the apple drones or the fandroids.

If we can't rant here, then WHERE?

We can't rant on the blog.
We can't rant in the forums.

Since you've appointed yourself forums police, please tell us where we can rant an post opinion pieces. I'm sure we will all kowtow to your wishes, tape our mouths and fingers and submit posts to you for approval. Sure we will.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Except they answered it wrong.

This was not a routine inspection.

I'm referring to the community submitted questions at the end of the podcast, not the part of the podcast that covered the customs hold up.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Aren't you one of the moderators? Sorry, but rants like this don't have a place in the conversation, either from the apple drones or the fandroids.

I would mind if a rant like this was a news/editorial item on the main page, but it's not. It's in the forums and that's fine.

The reason why I choose Android Central as my favorite source of news pertaining to all things Android is that the editorial staff of this site does a great job of not making every other article sound like it's coming from a fanboy.

Android Central 96: at about 1:08:00.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
awww... this is refreshing. others on the same page as me. apple is a joke and obviously is scared of Google (android) but i guess i dont blame them. they want to control the world with limited software.. good luck apple

Reactions: puffski

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Here is EXACTLY why Apple is worried. It's not about the little patents here and there, it's much deeper than that..

When Apple first came out with their OS, it was a OS closely married to their hardware. You could not take their OS and install it on whatever device you wanted. Apple controlled everything from step A to step Z.

Microsoft "stole" their ideas, went on a licensing scheme and exploded, leaving Apple in the dust..

30 years later, Apple again, closely marries their OS to their hardware, step A to step Z. You can't take iOS and install it on any device you want. Google "steals" their ideas, goes on the same path that Microsoft took(I know it's not licensed, but it's not closely married to the hardware either) and leaves Apple in the dust.

It's happened twice to Apple while Steve Jobs was at the helm.. this is the #1 reason why Apple intends to sue all Android manufacturers..

Apple's always been a closed ecosystem.. They did have Mac clones briefly but Steve shut that shop up pretty quickly.

Last edited:

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
If we can't rant here, then WHERE?

We can't rant on the blog.
We can't rant in the forums.

Since you've appointed yourself forums police, please tell us where we can rant an post opinion pieces. I'm sure we will all kowtow to your wishes, tape our mouths and fingers and submit posts to you for approval. Sure we will.

The forum is not a rant zone about other companies folks come here about issues they ha e with their device not to rant about apple and the itc and customs just my thoughts I know I didn't join this to hear folks go off about apple I can go to blog sites or YouTube for that.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Here is EXACTLY why Apple is worried. It's not about the little patents here and there, it's much deeper than that..

When Apple first came out with their OS, it was a OS closely married to their hardware. You could not take their OS and install it on whatever device you wanted.

Microsoft "stole" their ideas, went on a licensing scheme and exploded, leaving Apple in the dust..

30 years later, Apple again, closely marries their OS to their hardware, you can't take iOS and install it on any OS you want. Google "steals" their ideas, goes on the same path that Microsoft took(I know it's not licensed, but it's not closely married to the hardware either) and leaves Apple in the dust.

It's happened twice to Apple while Steve Jobs was at the helm.. this is the #1 reason why Apple intends to sue all Android manufacturers..

Nicely said...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
After reading that article this morning that is an interesting point the about HTC's value in the market these days. Hard to believe a successful device/company like HTC is struggling in the market, problems that stem from having to deal with Apple's continuous lawsuits and roadblocks to Android based suppliers/companies.

Note: Yes I'm a Forums Moderator, but I do like to have a little input or opinion every now and then :)

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site

When Apple first came out with their OS, it was a OS closely married to their hardware. You could not take their OS and install it on whatever device you wanted. Apple controlled everything from step A to step Z.

30 years later, Apple again, closely marries their OS to their hardware, step A to step Z. You can't take iOS and install it on any device you want. Google "steals" their ideas, goes on the same path that Microsoft took(I know it's not licensed, but it's not closely married to the hardware either) and leaves Apple in the dust.

Apple's always been a closed ecosystem.. They did have Mac clones briefly but Steve shut that shop up pretty quickly.

I agree, this is the #1 reason, but this falls all on apple. Im not dissing the i products, im dissing the company. its poor managment trying to point fingers and play the name game and then be shocked when people fire back. its just pathetic. I dont see Google trying to sue them for stealing the new pull down notifications they magically have now..... hmmmm. Thats because Google doesnt care as they choose to advance and not be childish like them. the Nark is a friend of no one.

anon(4735768)

May 6, 2012
Visit site
The forum is not a rant zone about other companies folks come here about issues they ha e with their device not to rant about apple and the itc and customs just my thoughts I know I didn't join this to hear folks go off about apple I can go to blog sites or YouTube for that.

If you see a thread titled "Apple: Get A Life!!!", assume it's a rant thread. You're not forced to read anything, so dont try and impose your own form of censorship just because you don't like the content of a post. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it, its really not that hard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08