Leaked AT&T 1.85 update

jyoho1981

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought my white One X the day it came out and it has been a train wreck ever since. I have had nothing but problems with this thing since day one. I have had the wifi issue, data issue, notification issue, the phone app constantly hangs and will not allow me to make a call, the keyboard will stop working while trying to text, Google Voice never works - I mean, I can just go on and on. I was so excited for this phone and it has been such a piece of crap. I was almost ready to return it and go back to my Samsung Focus until I found the leaked update.

Wow! What a difference! I have not had a single problem since I updated. I have a feeling I had a seriously bad flash from the factory on top of the known issues however this update has corrected it all.

I have noticed one weird change - after the update my sound enhancer now only gives me the option of beats or no beats. I no longer have the equalizer or the option to select the type of beats. Has anyone else tried the update and noticed this?

UPDATE: 05/25/12 It has now been two days since I updated to leaked 1.85 - I have not had a single problem with my phone and I had all of them. I don't even have the wifi issue anymore. My phone is fast and responsive and everything works as it should. In my opinion this update is fantastic.

I did have concerns using the update since it is "unofficial" however everything is fine so far. Instead of returning the phone like I planned, I am now keeping it.

I am by no means qualified to tell you whether you should install the update however I hope my experience with it helps.

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think you may have had the earlier firmware version of the phone. I received my phone yesterday and it operates the way yours does after the update, which is very well.

I also don't have a option to select a EQ in the sound enhancer. I love this phone.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. I did see the WiFi issue and the data drop from 3G. I found that a simple airplane mode switch on and off seems to fix the issue. Not that we should have to do that but for now it works until the OTA comes out. The good out weigh the the bad by far IMO!

Last edited:

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed one weird change - after the update my sound enhancer now only gives me the option of beats or no beats. I no longer have the equalizer or the option to select the type of beats. Has anyone else tried the update and noticed this?

That's the only option for Beats in Sense 4. Never been any other way.

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Has any of you guys experienced connections issues. Ex: when you're in a wi-fi zone and leave the phone switches to 3G, 4G, or LTE. But when you go back to the wi-fi zone it doesn't reconnect, or vice versa.

jyoho1981

May 24, 2012
Visit site
That's not true. Prior to me updating I was able to select the type of beats which included three options Solo, other and one other. I could also select either beats or bypass it all together and select bass booster, treble booster, classical, sweetner, ect. After the update I no longer have the option to select the type of beats or bypass it and select sweetner - that was my favorite. Hence the question in the original post.

marcster

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Has any of you guys experienced connections issues. Ex: when you're in a wi-fi zone and leave the phone switches to 3G, 4G, or LTE. But when you go back to the wi-fi zone it doesn't reconnect, or vice versa.

yes.

i have experienced exactly what you mentioned.

1. connected to wifi
2. i go out of range deliberately and wifi disconnects and goes back to LTE
3. i walk back in range, and it doesn't reconnect immediately, usually takes a lock/unlock before it will reconnect, or a long while

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded it, it erased my phone so i had to reinstall the apps, things do seem smoother but I havent driven it that far. I hope it fixes the signal issues, it had new radios as well.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
did anybody install this? I found it stabilized my radio signal, maybe 50% better but the wifi and data still drops out, maybe even worse than before.

you guys have any findings?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've called HTC and complained via email about the data drops. HTC said they've not heard any reports of this.. WHAT?

It's extremely frustrating to see LTE signal, the data in/out icons moving, just no data!

The emailed response from HTC was that they wanted me to troubleshoot some basic steps, airplande mode on/off, mobile network off/on, pull SIM out, power off, pop SIM back in.. .. wtf? I'm a BES admin, troubleshooting is my JOB. I've even replaced the SIM with a new one!

So frustrating.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really seen a huge improvement in my cell signal and my BT still does not work in my car without first taking a call to stop the drop outs. I have noticed that Push email using default client is now not a option, i looked high and low but there is no push option anymore. The best you can do is check every 5 min which in turn causes server errors because your pinging the email server to much.

butters619

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
That's not true. Prior to me updating I was able to select the type of beats which included three options Solo, other and one other. I could also select either beats or bypass it all together and select bass booster, treble booster, classical, sweetner, ect. After the update I no longer have the option to select the type of beats or bypass it and select sweetner - that was my favorite. Hence the question in the original post.

Do you mean in the sound menu or from the notification menu?

If they got rid of the 'Dance' option that would suck. That seemed to be the best with headphones for most songs.

dcdttu

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
No EQ? Why would they take that out? All that hype about great audio and they took out the EQ?????

I wonder if you could buy a high-end stereo for your home or car and be convinced that it will sound great without an EQ. I highly doubt it.

Cyanogen DSP makes my UE350s sounds damn near perfect. Without an EQ they don't get to show off what they're capable of at ALL.

EQ FTW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084