Turning LTE off

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Did some research and I could not find the answer!

Is there a way to turn ATT's LTE off? Here in VT we have no LTE currently! Anyways I figured I would rather save the battery. Getting 8Meg down is MORE than enough for me even if we did have LTE!

Thanks guys!

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Did some research and I could not find the answer!

Is there a way to turn ATT's LTE off? Here in VT we have no LTE currently! Anyways I figured I would rather save the battery. Getting 8Meg down is MORE than enough for me even if we did have LTE!

Thanks guys!

If you do not live in an LTE area then there is no reason to disable LTE on the phone. AT&T uses an integrated "circuit switched fallback" on the radio which defaults to UMTS/HSPA(+) when not in an LTE area.

The only people who would benefit from an LTE "on/off" switch would be people who do live in an LTE area so that they can disable it when not using the phone for simple sync procedures.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you do not live in an LTE area then there is no reason to disable LTE on the phone. AT&T uses an integrated "circuit switched fallback" on the radio which defaults to UMTS/HSPA(+) when not in an LTE area.

The only people who would benefit from an LTE "on/off" switch would be people who do live in an LTE area so that they can disable it when not using the phone for simple sync procedures.

Good to know! Thank you for this information!

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
So then is there any way to turn off LTE?

As of now, AT&T doesn't allow for an LTE toggle, maybe in upcoming custom ROMs. I'm not sure why AT&T excluded the option, maybe complications in the integrated radio and LTE architecture using CSFB, who knows.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463