App and Link Associations

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my One X and switched from Sprint. Quick question, when I had my Epic and Epic Touch, whenever I went to Wiki, YouTube, Instagram links, I would be prompted to choose the app or use the browser. I'm not getting that option with my phone. Help?

Sent from my HTC One X

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, it is a "feature" of Sense now, in place because HTC was found to have violated an Apple patent.
I hate it. I only have an Evo3D which I upgraded to ICS Sense, but am going to downgrade, I hate it so much.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is something that frustrates me with the One X to no end. It's one of the reasons why I love android so much and it's missing from this device. I know the galaxy s III will have this functionality and will Probably switch to that As soon as it's available

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Note : got the international version

If you go to Manage apps, and select for example "Internet" there's a button there to Clear Defaults. What this did for me is give me back my choice menu when tapping a link and I could make Chrome my default browser...

I'm sure it works for other apps too.

Does that work for the at&t version?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Almost, not really tho. Example, in my Twitter, someone has an Instagram link, before if I click it, I get the option to use Internet or Instagram. When I'm using the browser and I click a Wiki link, it would give me the option to use wiki or the browser. I just want the option menu to show.

Sent from my HTC One X

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What kills me is youtube links.
Now, I click on a link from email, and it ONLY uses the browser to render the view. It does not give the option of using the native YouTube app or TubeMate.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't rooted yet. Guess now is a good time. I wonder if the app associations deal with the apple patent? Anyway, how is Zedomax YouTube video regarding One X root? It work on the att model?

Sent from my HTC One X

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae