Does Slacker Radio not work properly for anyone else?

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Does Slacker Radio not work properly for anyone else? It is a useless app on the HOX (at least mine and my wifes)

if my screen is off or if I'm using another app like Waze it doesn't start the next song. Often the app will crash and requires multiple taps to re open. its almost a dealbreaker for me along with the data signal dropping seemingly all the time. When Slacker works its my favorite app I have. Without it I feel like my smartphone is more of a big dumbphone.

Hardened former iPhone owner who thought he had found a proper replacement.

Reactions: droidmyme

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Have not been able to get it to work in some time. It plays one track then freezes. This happened on iPhone, Android, and WP. It happened on 3G, LTE and WiFi. Slacker support tries to say it must be my phone or network but too many peeople are having problems with it. Even if it is a network problem, I should be able to stream on WiFi with no problems.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Same issues here. I'm just using Pandora and Google Music for now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ATPhoto75

May 13, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've done differently on the phone (recently) is to have the GPS turned on....not sure why that should matter but it's been working better for me. I might try out Google Music (Pandora is a bit too restricted for me) thank you

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Slacker is my go-to app for music. The station caching is the feature I have to have. No interrupted music, no matter how good your connection is. I have had a premium membership for years.

That being said, when I got my HOX, I was disappointed to discover that Slacker gets killed while running in the background. I initially blamed the HOX, but Pandora does not have this problem and I remembered that a few of my old Motorola phones used to do the same thing.

The issue is Slacker. And the dev support for Slacker is horrible. I doubt this will get fixed any time soon. Sad, but true.

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Slacker works fine on other Android devices. I covered this in another post a few weeks ago. HTC multitask feature has some issues. At times it kills apps when it shouldn't. HTC is aware of this and stated Slacker is working on a update because this issue happens with some of there other devices. No date on release. For the most part MOG, Pandora and Google Music all played without a problem. With Slacker being the only music app that would not work properly I had NO issue with my One X and music. Since I pay for MOG and use Google Music. Both of which work.

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been able to get it to work on any device since about 3 updates ago. Just look at the comment section in the market. Everyone is complaining. The mobile platform must not be very important to them since they seem to not be doing anything about it (have sent in two tickets myself) and focusing soly on the computer.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Haven't been able to get it to work on any device since about 3 updates ago. Just look at the comment section in the market. Everyone is complaining. The mobile platform must not be very important to them since they seem to not be doing anything about it (have sent in two tickets myself) and focusing soly on the computer.

That's because it bites

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oldmanjenkins

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Slacker is an amazing service on my gs2. Pandora style stations, satellite radio style stations, on demand music, station and song offline caching, news, and espn radio. If you pay for it, you are golden. I haven't had stability problems with it in over a year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Pandora does have a similar issue from time to time where one song ends and the next plays for a split second, then stops, then you get sent to the next song. My friends One S on T-Mob does it too.

danish1978

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
ever since i updated to ICS on my Sensation, I can't get Slacker to get past the startup screen at all. Same thing with Pandora. I'm not even going to attempt Spotify. What a crock.:mad:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having issues w/ Slacker. Sometimes, it will freeze on an ad and not do anything. When I try to skip it tells me I can't skip ads. All I can do is terminate it and restart.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Slacker's mobile service is spotty at best. On the new EVO LTE, so far so good. But there are too many issues that just don't make sense. When I'm listening to cached music channels, it shouldn't matter how strong/weak/nonexistant my 3G or Wifi signal is. I'm listening off my SD card, and the music should play smoothly and without taking 20 or 30 seconds to buffer between songs. But that's what was happening consistently with the Nexus S I had before getting the EVO. Great service, when it works. When it doesn't....waste of money.

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't even bother contacting support. Their standard response to my two reports to them was it must be either my phone or my network. That would be apprapo if I weren't having the same problem on all OS's and even on WiFi. I am using MOG which is like Zune pass. For 9.99 per month I get unlimited music downloads. For the comedy I listen to (Patton Oswald, Doug Benson etc) it is exactly what I need.

lmckillo

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it but still does not work, or if it does connect which is rare, it cuts out shortly after connecting. I have tried it on both the wi-fi and on the 4G network....both will not work. If I us my ipod or ipad to connect to Slacker, both work with no issues. This problem seemed to crop up after the last Slacker Radio update. Very frustrating to say the least. Will not even consider buying the up-grade until this problem is resolved.

Kanefire

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Slacker apps sucks. It is too bad because it is, hands down, the best streaming music app. When it is working, it rocks, but it is sooooo buggy. Frustratingly so. This has been true for my Galaxies s2 through s4. If it wasn't buggy, I'd buy the premium in a heartbeat. It plays the ads, then sticks on the music, but not always. I haven't been able to figure out why. I have contacted support, but get the worst feedback like make sure I have data connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox