Otterbox Defender Case with dust?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So a quick question for you guys!

Can the OtterBox defender case cause scratches on the screen with the dust getting in between the screen protector and glass?

Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks!

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I had one on my OG EVO for about 18 months and never had an issue with scratches...the screen eventually looks like crap and the case needs to be taken off and cleaned...But the screen protector on the Otterbox itself does begin to get scratched up on the inside from the dust. Hope this helps, I didn't buy one for my new EVO LTE

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

Reactions: cgardnervt

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had one on my OG EVO for about 18 months and never had an issue with scratches...the screen eventually looks like crap and the case needs to be taken off and cleaned...But the screen protector on the Otterbox itself does begin to get scratched up on the inside from the dust. Hope this helps, I didn't buy one for my new EVO LTE

Thanks Deputy! SO that I better understand this. Your saying the screen protector it self got scratches but not the glass of the screen it self? Sorry I am so anal about this. I just want to keep my resale value up! Let me know thanks!

If that is the case can I can always buy a new case when I need too. I plan to take the phone out and clean the case every few weeks.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Deputy! SO that I better understand this. Your saying the screen protector it self got scratches but not the glass of the screen it self? Sorry I am so anal about this. I just want to keep my resale value up! Let me know thanks!

If that is the case can I can always buy a new case when I need too. I plan to take the phone out and clean the case every few weeks.

That's correct...No damage to the phone itself, just the otterbox screen. It would be nice if they sold replacement screens, and maybe they do I just never checked that out. I was going to go otterbox but I love the new kickstand design to much.

Reactions: cgardnervt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman