Switching phones

jake8188

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have had this Internet problem on my hox twice. Every so often my Internet blocks out and I can only use wifi. I had to get a replacement to fix it. Well 4 days later the replacement started to do it again. Well AT&T thinks I should move to a different phone but I'm not sure. I would go back to 4s if I Switched. What would you guys do.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Get a skyrocket or if you have the $, the International version of the GS3, it won't have lte but then again not many cities do at this point so it's useless

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree with ptm88. My plan is similar. I am going to switch on or about the 15th of this month to the Skyrocket and then switch to the GS3 when it comes out for AT&T.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't get a skyrocket. I had it for 5 months and were the worst of any cellphone I have ever had. The battery life was horrible and I was mostly in a non LTE area in LTE areas it was worst. Also, it dropped signals all the time so emails and calls will appear hours later. That's after two phones. I went back to the iPhone 4 and then got the HOX recently and I could not be happier.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Rdxhd.. it's unfortunate you had the experience you did with the Skyrocket, especially in light of the fact that the GS2 as a whole has outsold any other Android phone, so obviously SOMEONE likes them. Personally I think it's a top notch device, especially since you can get one on an upgrade from Amazon for $40. I plan to do the same thing as Oldmanjenkins which will accomplish two things: A) get me well acquainted with Android and B) allow me to get to know Touch Wiz which is even better on the GS3.

I think the screen and camera on the HOX are amazing, but I have issues with the sealed back, now the camera lens protrudes and the lack of microSD. My two cents :)

Reactions: droidmyme

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Rdxhd.. it's unfortunate you had the experience you did with the Skyrocket, especially in light of the fact that the GS2 as a whole has outsold any other Android phone, so obviously SOMEONE likes them. Personally I think it's a top notch device, especially since you can get one on an upgrade from Amazon for $40. I plan to do the same thing as Oldmanjenkins which will accomplish two things: A) get me well acquainted with Android and B) allow me to get to know Touch Wiz which is even better on the GS3.

I think the screen and camera on the HOX are amazing, but I have issues with the sealed back, now the camera lens protrudes and the lack of microSD. My two cents :)

Before I got the One X, I was concerned about the non-removable battery and lack of expandable storage. However, the One X battery outperforms my Galaxy Nexus (my last phone). I've never bothered swapping extra batteries anyway. A small external power pack works well if you run out of juice, but I seldom use it anyway.

About the storage, I'd recommend getting the international One X which comes with 32 gb. Unless you're a hoarder, 32 gb should be more than enough.

SGIII has great specs, but for me, I can't accept Samsung's crappy plastic build. I had the Galaxy Nexus, which is is decent on specs, but compared to the One X, it feels like a toy.

IMO, HTC has superior look and build quality.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC build quality is awesome no doubt, it just doesn't work as a phone, the connectivity issues and software crippling is too much.

My skyrocket is old reliable standby, the radios are amazing, I never drop or miss a call with it. Maybe you got a bad one, similar to the THREE HTC one x's I had tried out.

SG3 is out in a little more than three weeks, if its as solid as the skyrocket from a radio standpoint - game over.

Yes TW sucks too, but most of us use launchers anyway. Apex on the SG3 should be a nice vanilla ICS feel.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I believe their build quality does not affect the phones reception with wifi or 3g network. Either I'm a lucky one or nobody's coming to the one X defense, because I haven't had any issues at all. This phone is awesome. It's too bad it seems like nobody else enjoys it

jayinwny

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a completely stock, out of the box AT&T HOX and to be honest, I love it. I have an issue sometimes where the signal reception goes way down but I reboot and it fixes itself. I've had every iPhone since the original, this is my first Android phone. I sell phones for a living and I can tell you this, I've seen the best and the worst of every platform and I'll say this, the HOX is a great phone.

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind, most posts on forums are usually about problems people are having because they are looking for answers. We are also a very small slice of the majority of users out there.

I for one love the phone, yes wifi is giving me some issues and could be stronger, but I am going to be patient and wait out any updates and or ROMs coming out, the phone is hardly 4 weeks old and most are just picking them up due to the customs mess, so give it some time and when the devs hit it, this thing will be very very nice.

Honestly I believe their build quality does not affect the phones reception with wifi or 3g network. Either I'm a lucky one or nobody's coming to the one X defense, because I haven't had any issues at all. This phone is awesome. It's too bad it seems like nobody else enjoys it

Reactions: adamtalife

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I agree with Lucidlyseen in that this forum is a very small slice of the total population of HOX owners.. You can tell when you go to sites like Phone Dog where the People's phone popularity is ranked and currently the One X holds first place and has for several weeks. That said, there are only a little over 300 people that voted for it, so its not the best barometer, but still shows that it's highly favored.

Of course, we now know that all the US carriers are getting the GS3 in the next few weeks, so we'll see what happens to the popularity of the One X as people purchase the new Sammy phone.

Like all things in life, choice is a good thing and we all gravitate towards different things. If everyone liked the same thing, life would be pretty boring! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12