Whoa! System Update just came thru

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got notified about and Update for my International Quadcore Version HOX (far east version) from
1.28.707.10 to

35.08 Meg

Holding my breath and hitting OK. Will post back If I survive.....

4b9771a5-343d-c61b.jpg

Drat! It Refused to apply the update because battery was "ONLY" 31%. (After a full day of use mind you).
So now I have to put it on the charger for a while. As you can see above, they don't want you to install while
its charging.

UPDATE:

I started the install after recharging to 65%.
It said Shutting down and a swirly appeared, and then it hung. After 10 minutes I noticed the phone getting very warm. - Hot.
15 minutes later, and no change.
Forced it to reboot (volume down, and power button).
Reboot, recharge try again, same result.

Finally figured out the download was corrupt. Used File manager to delete it, and check for update again.

This time the shutdown went smoothly, and a installing screen showed (green progress bar), and
a couple of reboots later its up and running 1.29.707.11. This attempt took maybe 8 minutes start to
finish, but progress meter was shown all the way.

So if your phone does not shut down and then restart with a progress meter its locked up, and you probably need to reboot
delete the download file with the endearing name of :
OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.29.707.11-1.28.707.10_release_2608775am4od1d1h8glbkc.zip

That being said:

This just brings the Asia models up to the Euro models, which got this upgrade weeks ago.

IT FIXES NOTHING. (as far as I can tell).
My wifi Still Loops:

Authentication
Connecting
Obtaining IP address
loop....

Same as before.
Connect to neighbors router, give it about 30 seconds, then connect to my own router just fine.
EXACTLY like before. Thank you HTC.

SO, Don't expect any improvement in functionality.

The one I did notice that is fixed is the /sdcard storage being gobbled up and un-accounted for, as mentioned in THIS THREAD.
That's fixed, and my SD card storage is back to being close to what it really should be. I don't know where that storage
went, but I'm glad its back.

4b9771a5-6cd1-867b.jpg

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Great news for you guys! Sadly the ATT HOX still has no update as of yet! :(

Signal issues and WiFi/BT issues still plague us!

Hope it fixes something for you all!

Cheers...

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I was so excited until I saw it was an International OTA

Yes. Its not for the At&t version.

More specifically the name of the file contains the word ASIA, so this is specifically for phones sold for the Far East market, many of which were imported by retailers in the US. And further, this just means the Asia phones finally caught up to the Euro models who have had .29 for a while.

This is not the long awaited end of the month fix everyone is expecting.

Sent from my HOX

Last edited:

jayinwny

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Its not for the At&t version.

More specifically the name of the file contains the word ASIA, so this is specifically for phones sold for the Far East market, many of which were imported by retailers in the US.

This is not the long awaited end of the month fix everyone is expecting.

Sent from my HOX

Any idea WHEN it will be? LOL Getting tired of waitin!

:mad: